*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063690-Unavoidable
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #2063690
entry to a contest for 10/29
         The sky outside was dark gray, from recently passed storms. I was riding in the passenger seat on my way to look at another new house with my mother. One thing I could not figure out was her fascination with looking at creepy houses, and with that we pulled into the driveway of another one.

         Looking out the window I could see the difference between this house and the others we had looked at. This particular house was from the early eighties and didn’t appear to have been lived in for several years.
         “Come on Jessica. Get out of the car now” my mother said, making her word final before I could argue back.

         “Mom I don’t want to look at this house it’s creepier than the others” I replied, climbing out of the car. I for one didn’t understand the need to move out of perfectly good house, yet ever since mom’s boyfriend left, she’d been trying to find a us a new house. Just walking on to the front porch of this house I could see the cobwebs in the corner, and could hear the cackles from the trees in the far distance.

         Following my mother around back I could make out the sound of music; almost as if someone was having a party. As we neared the backyard hanging from one of the large trees was a body of bones. My attention was so focused on the bones in the trees that when everyone yelled “SURPRISE” I jumped with a fright.

         Not expecting others to be there it came to my attention that, my mother wasn’t looking for a new house to buy, but one to throw an awesome Halloween party in. And boy did she have good taste after all. It was time to party.
© Copyright 2015 MyOwn-CrownJewel (lil-queen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063690-Unavoidable