*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064423-Smart-Choice
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dani
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2064423
A woman must cross to the other side, and meets a strange turtle along the way.

The woman stared up in wonder at the bright, blue and white streaked sky. It went on forever, which was exactly what she liked. She loved watching clouds stretch across the upper atmosphere, loved seeing birds fly across it on their destination to who-knows-where.

“Ahhh, if only I could fly as well. I should like that very much, very much indeed. The sky above seems to never end.”

The mysterious woman leaned over and plucked a dandelion from the delicate, green meadow. She blew gently, giggling when a few seeds landed on a nearby turtle.

“Terribly sorry, Turtle. I did not mean to make them land on you so,” she apologized and removed the seeds.

She sat back on her heels and gazed curiously at the turtle. The turtle also stared right back at her.

“Strange….One doesn’t usually see turtles around these parts. Are you lost, dear friend?”

The turtle blinked slowly and she laughed aloud again. She shook her hair quickly, before standing up to leave.

“I must go now, Turtle. It is time for me to cross over to the other side, to where my soul will be reborn and placed in another body. Thank you for the lovely time.”

As the woman crossed over to the other side, the turtle smiled. The turtle was her guardian, and he was happy to see her make a smart choice.
© Copyright 2015 Dani (dani2020 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064423-Smart-Choice