*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064741-I-Dont-Need-a-Haircut
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2064741
Tiffaini needs the practice for a Home Living class the next day at the Learning Center???

I Don’t Need a Haircut


     She had a vegetable/fruit bowl over her little sister’s head. “I don’t want a haircut.”

     “Stop fidgeting Glora.” Tiffaini was trying to cut Glora’s hair in the back. “I don’t want to cut you – just your hair.”

     “Why are you cutting my hair?” Glora calmed down a little. “Morjan and Loggan need it more than I do.”

     “They are at a friend’s house tonight. And I need the practice.” Tiffaini was on a side of her head now. “I have a big test tomorrow in Home Living class.”

     After she got done Tiffaini stepped back to get a good look at her haircutting. “It looks pretty good to me. What do you think Glora?”

     Glora looked at it from all angles in a wall mirror. “I guess it looks okay. But now I look like a stupid, smelly boy.”

     The next morning Tiffaini didn’t even have time for the first meal of the day. So she grabbed a banana on her way through the Eating Room. As she is going out the front door her mother, Wonde, had her hand stretched out in front of her. There was a scarf in it. Tiffaini grabbed it on her way out. “Thanks mom.”

     Just outside the Learning Center Tiffaini was talking to a few of her friends. She held up her sister’s hair so everyone saw it. “I told you I could get my little sister to let me cut her hair. You all owe me twenty Units each.”

     “How do we know that’s your sister’s hair.” Tiffaini didn’t know who said that. It came from behind her.

     “She’ll be here any time now. And you will see for yourself.” Tiffaini was looking up the pathway when Glora rounded the corner. “There she is now.”
© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064741-I-Dont-Need-a-Haircut