*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064798-Just-some-free-writing
by Po
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Writing · #2064798
Just some free writing while I have nothing to do at work
         The sand grated across the window as it did every morning. The sound barely disturbed Captain Pacelli, only the gentle cooing of the alarm stirred him. "These dame headaches, every morning" he mumbled as he reached for a pill case. He began his morning ritual pills, light morning workout, then shower. Activating his personal information and communication node, news and blotters from the night command played across his iris. Using subtle movemnts of the eyes, he singled out and read the information he would need for the day.
         Cpt. Pacelli dressed quickly. He looked sharp in his gray and blue uniform. It brought back memories of those cramped but comfortable corridors that made up ship life. Pacelli's mind lingered on these memories. Only the thought of breakfast roused him from his stupor. His hunger forced him from his birthing area.
         "Good morning Captain" came a chipper voice, as Pacelli had merely stepped from his room.
         Turning lightly Captain Pacelli's eyes fell upon a darkly tanned man. "Sergeant, you do know that theses briefs can wait till after morning chow."
         "My apologies sir, just figured we'd get a jump on things." The little man gave a smirk with these words.
         "Since you're here, we may as well begin," Pacelli gave his daily go ahead for Sergeant Amrit to begin the briefings. They both began walking at a quick pace down the hall towards the mess hall.
         "As I'm sure you saw, there were two food riots at distribution centers. The local militia took care of one, but the second subsided around 28:30. There have been groups reforming around the center since 06:40. The local militia is preparing to deal with another riot, but they fear they won't be able to control it again"
         "Do we have a rough estimate of how many participants there are?"
         "The rough estimate puts it around four to five thousand."
         "and how many militia men will be at the ready?"
         "They report having 532 men and women prepared to respond"
         "Okay, prepare 200 men in riot gear and prep 15 enforcer class armor suits for deployment. Our main concern will be the distribution center. That will free up the militia to deal with the protestors as they see fit."
         "aya sir" Amrit's eyes stopped focusing on the world around as he used his PIC node to distribute the proper commands.
         At this time, they reached the officers mess. "Looks like we'll be parting for a bit sergeant, keep up the good work and get some food. You look famished"
         "Aya aya sir"
         Pacelli watched the little man march away. He couldn't help but regard the good sergeant with a little disdain. For who he was, Sergeant Amrit kept a positive tone through every interaction. It put Pacelli off. He decided finally to step into the officers mess.
© Copyright 2015 Po (p.oblivious at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064798-Just-some-free-writing