*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064914-Captain-Largo---Character-Description
Rated: E · Sample · Sci-fi · #2064914
This is just a character description test. No story. No character development.
Captain Largo – A Test in Character Description
By Chris Nance

Captain Largo was a fearsome man, deep in the brow and wreathed with a thick black beard that was kept tidy in some places while left free to the breeze in others. From beneath the wide brim of a deeply stained hat, his singular eye stared piercingly through you like he was evaluating your very soul. Where his other eye ought to be, a cybernetic lens twisted and focused, its tiny parts whistling and whirring as internal processors did the same. He was broad in shoulder and wore a more than elaborate sash over his crimson tunic, decorated with every sort of medal. I wondered how many he had actually earned, for a man of this type was seldom the hero. Still, he had a manner about him that was more than confident, a self-assuredness born of too much strife, too much death, too many comrades lost, but also enough victory. I soon realized he was likely just as much machine as man when he pulled his cropped cigar from his crooked mouth with a rusty mechanical hand and asked in a robust voice that ground against the wind, “What are you lookin’ at, me boy?”
© Copyright 2015 Chris24 (cnancedc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064914-Captain-Largo---Character-Description