*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065079-The-Collection
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2065079
What does a room full of jade, a heart shaped box of chocolate and a frame have in common?

The Collection


     There was a knock at the door. “I’ll be right there.” Said a female voice from within. That voice belonged to YeLonda.

     A few seconds later the door open. “Hello Naithan. Come on in. I’m almost ready.”

     Naithan had a heart shaped box of chocolates and some flowers behind his back. He presented them to YeLonda before she left to finish getting ready.

     While he waited Naithan walked around the living room of the apartment YeLonda lived in. Everywhere he looked there was jade. There must be a million pieces of it. “She doesn’t need me to pay for her evening meal that’s for sure.”

     “Did you say something.” YeLonda’s voice sounded very loud coming from the other room.

     Naithan didn’t even realize he said that out-loud. “No, I was just admiring your collection.” He spoke up a little to be heard too.

     “Yes, I am very proud of it.” YeLonda’s voice sounded like it was getting closer and closer.

     Looking around some more out of boredom Naithan found one picture frame. Within it was a picture of YeLonda and a young male. ‘That must be her first Lover.’ That time he remembered to only think about it.

     Only a few second later YeLonda entered. “I’m finally ready to go. Sorry we had to meet here tonight. I have been running late all day today.”

     “You look beautiful tonight. But you always look gorgeous to me.” Naithan took YeLonda’s hand and escorted her out of her apartment.

     A few hours later they returned. After a long passionate kiss good night Naithan left. As Naithan walked down the hallway he pulled several pieces of her collection from his pockets. “She will never miss them."

     Suddenly a piercing scream could be heard. “Then again maybe she will.”
© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065079-The-Collection