*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065232-Traitor
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2065232
Who is the real traitors there?
Traitor

Annival smashed the bottle against a bar. Then he jabbed it at Lairy. Lairy easily moved out of the way.

Both of them had weapons now. Lairy had a knife. They danced around each other as they continued the it fight. It almost looked like they were dancing.

From where they were at Annival and Lairy couldn't see a fire raging out of control beneath them near the boiler. There was steam coming out of every vent in that room.

It was getting hard for Annival and Lairy to see as they continued their fight. Lairy jabbed at Annival. And it nicked his left shoulder. "If that haze hadn't covered up your treachery you wouldn't have been able to do that."

"You are the traitor here." Lairy tried another jab. But Annival easily dodged it. He returned with a jab - at Lairy's neck. And it connected.

A little blood came shooting out of a wound Annival just created. "I'M not the traitor. She is." Lairy pointed toward the other end of that must filling room. Annival
couldn't see anyone over there.

"She who? Are you talking about the female I was talking to earlier?" Annival ducked to avoid another hit. Then counterstruck with a thrust at Lairy.

"We already know she's a traitor. We've been watching her for months." Lairy switched his weapon back and forth in his hands.

"If she is a traitor I didn't know. I was just trying to get between her legs." Annival suddenly dropped his weapon. It shattered when it made contact with the floor. "Why are we fighting?"

Lairy dropped his weapon too. "You're right. She's the one who we should be fighting."

From out of nowhere came a voice. "You guys are too late. She left as soon as the fight started.


© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065232-Traitor