*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2066095-The-Day-Of-The-Dragon-King--chapter-two
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2066095
The second chapter of a story about, rescues, adventures and more.
The screams of dozens of people struck the air. Ally jumped.
"The giants made it to Chauncey," she said. "Their taking more captives"
"Is there anything we can do?" said David.
"Not unless you are willing to take on about ten giants," said Ally with a sigh.
They quietly crept along the underbrush trying not to make a sound. A few hours later the sun was starting to rise. The travelers were beginning to feel quite hungry. They only had a few provisions, some from Ally and her mothers things and a few meals from Mildred.
"If we want to keep our strength we must eat now," said David.
"But eat sparingly," said Ally. "That is if you want to stay alive."
They quickly ate and then set off again. Ally's muscles ached but she couldn't stop, she had to get to Tartalle before the giants sold her mother. Her sword now felt like it weighted a thousand pounds. Every time she felt like she couldn't go on anymore she thought of her mother and her father back home serving in the King Greor's army. They had traveled so far that they reached a nearby city called Trickle City. since they hadn't made it to Chauncey, the decided to stop here.
They reached town and everywhere you looked you would see people wearing Tristan's seal. This puzzled Ally, how could they be so blind to follow that mercenary? Ally almost refrained to stay, but then she smelled something wonderful. It was the scent of fresh baked bread, and her stomach told her to stay at least until she had eaten. They walked into the cafe and all the smells hit her like fresh energy. Ally sat down as David went to get something to eat. She suddenly saw something from the corner of her eye. Someone was whispering behind her, she slightly turned her head to get a better view. Two men sat in a booth behind her that were dressed as Tristan's guards. They were talking about her. Why? Oh! it hit her she was still wearing her knights uniform with King Greor's crest. Luckily her helmet was still down so if she changed those men wouldn't recognize her. She casually walked over to David and motioned towards the guards. He suddenly looked alarmed, she then motioned towards the tailor and he got the message.
She walked across the street to the shop and bought a dress, it was ankle length and brown. She chose the least expensive one. She then walked into the dressing room and changed. She went out the back door so she wouldn't be seen and hid her armor in a hollow tree in the woods behind the shop. She then walked back to the cafe.
She went to the table where David was sitting and sat down. David look surprised.
"Oh! sorry I didn't mean to stare, but I didn't hardly recognize you," he said.
"Does it look really bad?" Ally inquired.
"No, I-I meant you look really nice," he stuttered.
There was a moment of awkward silence. Ally didn't know how she could surprise him that way, she did not consider herself pretty. She had long straight auburn hair and green eyes. As soon as they had eaten they went outside. The two guards started following them.
" why are they following us?" David asked.
"They probably saw you with the soldier in the cafe," Ally said.
"What soldier?" he said.
"Me!," she said impatiently.
They Ally started to walked right up to the guards.
"What are you doing," David hissed.
"Relieving us of suspicion," Ally said confidently.
"Officer's?" Ally said in a higher pitched ladylike voice.
"Yes ma'am?" said a surprised guard.
"Uh, could you tell me how to get to the, uh... Tannery. Yes that's it, the tannery?
"Its two blocks down and to the left madam," said the startled guard.
"Oh thank you sir," said Ally, and then she batted her eye lashes. She instantly felt stupid for doing this.
David came up to her and looked shocked.
"What is it David?" asked Ally.
"I have never seen you act like that, I didn't know you could do that," David said.
Ally laughed to herself. Her mother had taught her a few things other than combat. They walked down to the tannery and walked in. Ally ran to the window just fast enough to watch the baffled soldiers walk the other way. Ally and David spent the rest of the day getting more supplies. Ally told David she was going to use her money to be herself a room in the inn. David said he had a friend in this town that he was going to go see, and that he would stay with him. Ally stood in the doorway watching David walk down the street awhile and then she went to the front of the inn to ask for a hotel room.
"I would like a room please," said Ally.
"Alright, you will be in room 3 at the top of the stairs and to the right," said the inn keeper.
" Thank you sir," said Ally.
She walked up the stair and collapsed on the bed. Tomorrow she would set off again on her journey to Tartalle.


© Copyright 2015 cowgirl (pocket12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2066095-The-Day-Of-The-Dragon-King--chapter-two