*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2068799-My-last-words
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #2068799
This story I wrote based on my work experiences at the hospital as a nurse.
Hello to everyone who would read you. Together we will tell others what happened. Because there is no more time to meet with someone else. When it was my turn, there was no one to comfort me. With a friendliness way the death came and brought his registration book with. He wiped my name and said to go with him.

I said that I wasn't ready to go. But with a smile on his face he said that it's time to go. There is enough written in your book of life. Your time is over and you will receive grade for your story.

I said, look at my mother's worried face. She can't handle my death. My sister calls my name and my father's tears falling down.
There is still half of my drink left, maybe if I drink that or other medicine, a wonder will take place and I will be healthy again.

Never mind, I have forgotten the reality. I never thought my time will come so soon. I haven't ask any forgiveness. I thought like always a time will come to restore things.
I have some debt to pay, Reconciliations to make and questions still to be answered. Can I get couple of days to do that?

He said that it's not possible and that if he would leave and come back, the dept will be higher. I am waiting for your last breath.
My spirit took his bag and gave a kiss on my cheek and left my cold body behind. My eyes were staring at the wall. My hand fell off the bed. My heart beat got slower. My breath went and didn't returned. A doctor came up with a light in hand, he looked in my eyes and passed the word to my loved ones.

What a ruckus broke out my room. My sister closed the windows so I don't catch a cold. My mother went on her knees next to my bed and held my head close to her chest. She closed my eyes and sang 'sleep my baby sleep in your mothers arms'. Just like when I was little and she would bring me singing to sleep. Just this time it wasn't the same song.
My father shook my hand with tears in his eyes goodbye. My sister packed my stuff with tears. Then came my brother, but he came late. He shouted 'wake up, wake up! Why do you sleep now?'

Wish my mother didn't close my eyes so fast. Maybe I would have seen him one more time. It is so nice to die in the arms of your loved once.

© Copyright 2015 David Khamisi (k.david at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2068799-My-last-words