*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2069380-What-a-Sweet-Old-Lady
Rated: E · Article · Community · #2069380
Is she really a LADY?
Kaylee Mattoon
Creative Writing
Mrs. Ferguson Period F

What a Sweet Old "Lady"

She seemed like such a sweet old lady. Who would ever believe that she was really a nasty old man! He'd been fooling people for weeks, months! An imposter. A fake. When the police sat him down at the station, he didn't even think anything was wrong with it. He didn't think what he had done was wrong - or even strange! It was one of the most peculiar cases I've had to do the paperwork for. He was 82, and had a lot of nerve if you ask me. Sometimes I think it's kind of funny though. I mean, he wasn't HARMING anyone...it was just inappropriate. I mean, dressing up as a lady and going to a ladies-only book club EVERY WEEK just to be with the women...just to sit there and look at the women...never even reading any of the books! Never even contributing to bringing in cakes or cookies! Just sat there, gawking at the other ladies. And eating nearly all the cookies they made, I might add. They always thought she was the weirdest book club member. Always overindulging. Never reading the books. Maybe a lesbian. But she seemed like such a sweet old lady.

The truth was sad. He was a man who had lost his wife. A man who longed to relive the days he had spent with the love of his life. Yet he knew he couldn't have her back, and never would. So he decided to start a new life - have a new identity. One that wouldn't feel so lonely. He'd live a double life! An elderly man by day and an elderly woman by night. He'd have friends! He'd have something to do. He wouldn't be spending his last years growing stale in his armchair, alone. He wouldn't be falling asleep at seven at night and waking up at 10 in the morning. He'd be a lady, a social butterfly! He'd be happy.

I never found out what happened to the old man once he was questioned by the police and banned from the book club. I'm assuming he just reverted back to his own self, lived as a man by day AND by night. I hope he isn't too sad. He seemed like such a sweet old lady.

© Copyright 2015 kayleem (kkm1998 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2069380-What-a-Sweet-Old-Lady