*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2070606-Battle-on-Fire-Field
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2070606
Hugo is a dragon, Andy is a 14 year old girl.Everything is fine until a battle breaks out.
It isn't often that a child picks a grown up dragon. No they go straight for the youngest ones because they are cute and they are fun to raise; so it isn't often that someone even looks towards the older dragons..one of them being me. Smaller dragons are cute yes but they take ages to grow up and aren't to smart when they are born so the human gets to teach them and train them. Older dragons most likely know everything and don't need to be taught, most small and teenage children don't even take a second glance towards the older dragons, but she did.

She was playing with one of the small dragons that the store owner had shown her when her green eyes locked over to mine. I kept my eyes on her, watching her carefully. Her mother was looking at her, as the girl set the baby dragon back to where it was supposed to be. Since us older dragons were bigger, each one of us had our space that was big enough to contain us, and gave us enough room to move around. Her mother was talking to her, about if she wanted that one, but she shook her head.

She made her way over to me, and she locked eyes with me still, before gently reaching her hand out. I didn't hesitate to lean my snout up into her hand. A beautiful smile comes over to her lips, and her mother is walking over. My eyes glance over to the adult. "Are you sure you don't want one of the younger on-" The girl cut the mother off. "Yes I'm sure, he's the right one." And that was how I met, the most important person in my life, Andy.

Chapter One
You would expect with a name Andy; that it would be a boy, but no it was a beautiful kind, girl with the right kind of spark and didn't take anyone's hate. I was rather happy when she picked me instead of one of the cuter baby dragons. Of course her mother was rather the opposite; she kept complaining about how she should have gotten a smaller dragon and that they would have had more space for them, but Andy wasn't having it. She stuck up for me, saying that I was indeed the one she wanted, even if I wasn't one of the cute, smaller dragons. She said. word for word "I have a connection with him, and I'm sure I don't want any other dragon. Just him."

And she was right. I did feel a connection with her. She was kind, wanting to get out with me whenever she could and take me out of my Capsule. Capsules were the things that human's kept their dragons in during the day or any other time during the day or night. They were small tubes, but could contain any dragon. She tried to take me to school a couple times but her mother always told her no and to leave me here at the home. Which was rather lonely.

I felt like I had a deep connection with this girl. Sure it had only been a couple of days since she..'adopted' me as you can say. She was sweet and charming and while she didn't have to much time to interact with me yet; she still tried to give me attention before she left. The Capsule was rather uncomfortable, it was one of the more simpler ones. Capsule's were like houses, the more comfortable ones were the more expensive ones. Andy had told me that she would try to get a more comfortable Capsule when she could. I believed she would.

It was sort of weird. Back in the old days dragons were more rare, people feared us. Now you couldn't look anywhere without seeing a dragon. It was common now, unlike back then. When people saw a dragon they ran in fear, now they reached a hand out to touch a dragon's snout. Except Wild Dragons. As the title suggests, dragons who are wild and don't belong to anyone and their goal being to kill anyone they see. Luckily there wasn't a lot of them so most people didn't worry about them. They tended to live in forests near by and wouldn't dare attack a city because of all the dragons that lived in there and would defend the city.

I don't know Andy to much, but I trust her, and I would defend her until I meet my death.

Speaking of; it sounds like she is coming through the door. I hear her mother say something, though I am to far away and the walls of the Capsule aren't built for Dragon's to hear what's going outside. Though I can feel her warm hand around the Capsule; she's picking it up and rushing outside. No doubt there is a smile on her face.

The cap to the Capsule is being opened, and in a moment, I am outside. There is grass beneath my feet, and I stretch out my body parts. I have to be careful not to hurt the home. Andy is small compared to how huge I am.



© Copyright 2016 Andy Owens (andy.owens at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2070606-Battle-on-Fire-Field