*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2070693-Carolina-Morning
Rated: E · Poetry · Inspirational · #2070693
In the heart of the mountains



I arrive before dawn, I sit and I wait. The sounds of the night slowly pass and as the day begins, I first hear the rustle coming from the trees. It is soon followed by the sounds of chirping from the birds as they begin their day.

From my overlook the shadows are slowly lifted by the peak of the sun from behind the Blue Ridge. My eyes start to realize the vastness of the mountain scape that surrounds me.

As the sun reaches higher its rays cut through the dark sky and replaces it with a brilliant shade of blue. In the valley below the trees come alive with shades of color that would shame a rainbow. The lights from the mountain homes slowly disappear as the sun outshines their glow. Down in the valley the towns and communities look like miniatures that dot the forest, which extends as far as the eye can see.

The sun reaches even higher and explodes with a brilliance which reveals a sky that only God could have painted. The land below now shows every ridge and every hill and the mountains that tower over all others.

The sun fills my soul with hope, it takes me back to a center, and it helps me find the part of me that I had lost.

I stand there my eyes reflecting all the majestic beauty of this Carolina Morning.

I feel the touch of God as he fills my heart with the words, "Here I am".



© Copyright 2016 Paramedic (tarheel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2070693-Carolina-Morning