*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2071799-The-workshop
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #2071799
I describe my dream to be worked on later
It is an entire jumble of places - streets in a market, crumbling buildings, tables, tents... it is a city and yet it is a temporary thing, built in the ruins, ready to be swept away by the wind. I see the workshops spread out on different tables. There are artists of all kinds here, painters, weavers, sculptors - people making beads, people writing, people reading. I really want to work on something - make an attempt at a bead out of clay on a wire, but it keeps falling apart. I finally think I'm getting to something that could be pretty... but I am drawn away, there is a crowd moving through. I think I see a bird in a case that looks exactly like one I've made in real life - but the beak and wings are different. still, it looks like someone was copying my design. But that cannot be, because - in the dream - I know this is the past. So, how did someone in the past see my bird? I really can't dwell on this, because the crowd is moving forward and there isn't anyone to tell. I pick up some magazines - OLD magazines- and am leafing through them while someone has a storyboard up and is going through some movie or tale we are supposed to all be listening to. It is about someone going out on a ship to find whales. I'm not that interested. I'm looking at the color illustrations in the magazines - old prints - and there is a fish theme going on there, too... but I keep looking, through one interesting large print one, and then a smaller print, less interesting one that has more ads. Someone next to me is looking through the first one - they remark that it was only 25 cents. I said back then 25 cents was like a 7.99 National Geographic today - it was big news. I set the magazines down, even though I saw an antique store type writing on them that labelled them 50 cents each.. I would like to buy them - I don't know how.. and I've already lost where I set them down. The world keeps changing. There are secret meetings and strange happenings going on behind every sign, wall etc.. as I go on trying to find something I recognize. I end up behind a wall that seems to have windows but they go to nowhere.. the whole wall looks like it will fall apart at any time. I reach a ladder in the side and I recognize this as one of the street market booths I saw from before - I am descending exactly where the sign says Do Not Enter No Access. Huh. It is like a yellow bus that has been built into the wall... the walkway I was just on built on top of it and going off into the walls.
© Copyright 2016 Pen_and_Coffee (denoxi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2071799-The-workshop