*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2072044-Lonely
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2072044
This world is a lonely one and sometimes you gotta make your own to stay sane
Wood creaks as the old house crumbles waking the man by the fire quickly. Shooting up the man reaches for his gun looking around for the source of the noise. Looking towards the crumbling house he lays back down in relief. He was alone and he was for the first time enjoying it, enjoying wastelands, enjoying the silence of voices. Starring up at the sky the man placed his hands on his belly taking in a deep breath coughing from the old stagnant air that filled his lungs. Taking one more deep breath he closed his eyes and imagined he were on a boat filled with sailors and civilians alike. It was on this boat where he stood by a old rusty juke box listening to old 20’s blues music. Slowly he became more immersed within the environment he created as the people came up to talk to him one at a time with each one different than the last.
The first was an old sailor with a long beard and a nasty old stare who spoke with a raspy voice.
“The seas part in your favor. One would be envious of such glory.” He said leaning in towards him.
“Well let them be envious of me for their gaze may not break my stance.” He replied with confidence shooting the sailor away to greet the next person who dared place themselves in his presence. The next person was a beautiful woman with a body more fine than all the other women on the ship.
“Oh great man the men on the ship are mad for you swoon all women before you.” She said sliding the words from her throat with style. Keeping his composure he spoke to her with a calming voice.
“Let them be mad if they want me dead than let them come for my head themselves.” He said pushing the lady aside to see the next person who came to greet him. The next was a slim waiter who spoke in a fine french accent.
“Sir the drunks are getting wild for we can no longer grant them the drinks their souls so desire.” He cried begging for the man to help holding up his hand the man spoke with irritation.
“If they wish to have a drink to ease their pain then grant them honey with ale. Now be gone.” He hissed greeting what he saw to be the last of his problems. The last one to greet him was a young boy no older than ten who wore a small suit giving the boy a more polite attitude to his look. Looking up at the man the boy spoke with a soft and quiet tone.
“You’re all alone aren’t you sir?” He asked smiling up at the man. Caught off guard by the boy’s sudden response the man stumbled on his words.
“I-I have no idea what you’re talking about I’m on a boat with all these people.” He replied holding his arms out to show what was now an empty boat with only a sad man and a child. Taking a short step towards the man the boy spoke increasing in volume.
“You’re all alone aren’t you sir?” The boy repeated taking yet another step pushing the man back into the wall of the boat.
“Be gone with you child I don’t wish to play your games!” The man cried out moving alongside the wall as the boy repeated himself yet once more even louder.
“You’re all alone aren’t you!?” The boy shrieked as the once beautiful ship became that of a ship used to catch and kill fish with its foul smell forcing its way up the man’s noise till he began to vomit and choke while the boy repeated himself once more.
“You’re all alone aren’t you!?” Finally breaking the man fell to his knees in tears now giving the boy the answer he wanted.
“Yes I’m alone, just leave me alone!” He cried as he then woke up from what had been but a terrible dream. Breathing heavily the man stood up from his spot taking time to let in the world once more till finally he had decided to set off in hope of finding a better spot to rest his head.
© Copyright 2016 Edgar G.Willow (minstarj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2072044-Lonely