*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2072380-Lesson-Learned
by QPdoll
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2072380
How long will it take for Helen to learn her lesson?
She woke to find that she couldn't move much. Something kept her from sitting up all the way. She was slow to open her eyes. Once open she found herself inside a cage.

"What the hell."

Claustrophobia soon set in. She shook the bars, but they didn't move. She yelled out, but no one came to her aid. She kicked and shouted until at last, she wore herself out. That's when she noticed the little blue button. She touched the button, then pushed it.

"Hello, Helen. I'm glad you've calmed down enough to talk."

"Who are you and why am I locked in a cage?"

"You don't remember?"

"Would I be asking if I did? Let me out of here!"

"No. You're being punished."

"Punished for what?"

"You've disobeyed and stayed out all night, again. You came home drunk and your mother didn't know what to do with you. I offered to help. You always tell your mother that you feel like she keeps you in a cage, so now you're going to know what it really feels like."

"You sicko, let me out!"

With that, the voice went away. She pushed the button again, but got no response. She pushed it again and again, to no avail.

After she received no response she began to sob. Heart wrenching sobs.

"I'm sorry!" she screamed. I'm so sorry!"

"I'm glad to hear you say that, Helen. Very good."

Then she heard a loud click.





© Copyright 2016 QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2072380-Lesson-Learned