*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073864-A-Sea-of-Kisses-and-Faint-I-Love-Yous
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2073864
Romance one-shot. ROUGH DRAFT. This piece has undergone NO editing so far. Please comment
I was consumed by passion as our bodies melded into one. Lips, hands, hearts; all because one. We were consumed by desire and faintly heard “I love you’s.” Your lips remained unchanged, pulling at the soft skin of my own, but in one swift motion, your hands danced from my hips, which were straddling your own, to around the bottom my thighs. You lifted me from your lap, rising from the sitting position you’d been in. The creaky wooden chair we’d once been sitting in gave a shrill cry as our weight was removed from it. We paid little heed to the sound, as we were alone in your cozy log cabin, no one nearby to be disturbed by it.

The transition from the kitchen chair to the cushiony mattress of your bed was swift. I’d never have noticed we’d moved, had you not switched off the lights as we relocated. I’d only noticed the change in setting when I could no longer see the setting we were in. Before, the warm light of the kitchen chandelier emanated dull yellow rays. Now, the only available light was that of the moon shining through your window. I didn’t mind though. I didn’t need to see you with my eyes— I could let my hands paint the picture.

Once you’d laid me down atop your soft, down comforter, all gaps between us were closed. I laid on my left side, my back against the wall beside your bed. With the hand of my left arm, I combed through your thick dark hair, knotting it in my palms. You faced me, your right side lining your bed. The hand of your right arm had come to rest delicately on my left shoulder, your thin, gentle fingers pressing harder into the fleshy spot behind my shoulder bone as my lips challenged yours. With our free arms, we explored each others’ side. Your hand caressed the dips and curves of my waist, slipping over the swell of my hip before slowly, teasingly making its way back in the direction of my chest, where it would eventually come to rest. With my own hand, I traced each muscle in your back. I tugged on your bottom lip with my teeth, forcing your back to arch as you countered. I felt my way to the small of your back, teasing your waistline with my fingers before reversing. My palms rose to your neck, accompanied by your soft, red shirt, which had bunched up in my hands. Momentarily our seal broke, your lips pulling back from my own. In one swift motion, you tugged at the back of your bunched-up shirt, removing it.

I was quick to diminish the space between us once more, desperately trying to close the nonexistent space separating us. Rather than return my hand to the base of your neck where it had been before you’d rid yourself of your shirt, I let it venture over your newly exposed skin. I skimmed over every ridge in your toned abs, tracing back and forth over the places I knew would make you sigh. Damn, it was hot when you did that. I loved the faint vibration of your vocal chords against my lips when you sighed as we kissed.

It soon became my turn to rid myself of some clothing. Unlike you, I’d been adorning a hoodie—your hoodie— so there were a few more layers to my outfit than yours. You slipped your hands beneath the sweatshirt, guiding it upwards and off my body. Beneath it was my favorite shirt- a tight black crop top. In the position I was in, the shirt exposed the soft, pale flesh of my stomach. After the removal of my—your—hoodie, your lips grew more adventurous. You tugged at my bottom lip with your teeth, pulling back and away from my mouth. Your teeth grazed up my cheek, nipping at the soft skin. Your gentle kisses found their way from my mouth to my ear. I felt your hand lift away from my waist, shifting to comb back my thick, curly hair from my ear. You knew just how to make me melt. Time slowed down as you nibbled at my earlobe. Just as you’d done before, I produced a sigh.

You lined my body with kisses, trailing your lips from my ear, down the tender skin of my neck, all the way to my exposed stomach. Your teeth and tongue toyed with my skin in rhythm, one after the other. As you teased the skin on my stomach, I did the same to the skin of your neck. I coaxed the skin upward, holding it momentarily between my teeth.

The night progressed in that fashion, soon leaving us a tangle of limbs. Two human beings crushed into one. A sea of kisses and faint “I love you’s.”
© Copyright 2016 Emily Haller (emilyhaller23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073864-A-Sea-of-Kisses-and-Faint-I-Love-Yous