*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075078-Memories-in-an-Alley
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2075078
Flash fiction. Memories
         Vin sat on the dirty alley ground with his back against the grimy brick wall. He stared at the night sky and lifted an amber bottle to his lips. His chest expanded on a shaky sigh when shut his blood shot eyes. Disjointed memories began to play in his mind.
         Silky hair wrapping around Vin's fingers while he moved his mouth over hers. Arms wrapped around his neck and pulling him closer. The circle of people around them forgotten until someone kicked him in the shin, a reminder that there were others waiting for a chance to spin the coke bottle.
         Long blonde hair with rainbow stripes trailing through the wind like a banner. Her laugh matching the chimes hanging near her. The angry glare Vin had pinned on her only brining more laughter while he rubbed the foot he dropped a brick on it.
Uncertain eyes staring at the thin syringe being offered to her. Vin held it gently between his fingers, an encouraging smile. The game he was convincing her to play could be dangerous but he would keep her safe, always, that was his promise. She was the most treasured person in his life and he wanted to share the other best thing with her.
         A pale still body with matted unkempt hair laying in the bed of a rundown hotel room. Motionless. Glass from the shattered window laying around the thrown brick when she did not answer the door. The bottle of champagne forgotten in his grip. The mirror reflecting the play of his emotions back to him.
         Vin choked on his own breath while curling away from the brick wall. The bottle slipped from his fingers to the ground, pieces of broken glass joining the millions already there to play witness to his despair.


Word Count: 299
© Copyright 2016 D. N. Carver (shade1193 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075078-Memories-in-an-Alley