*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075420-The-feeling-light-gives-you
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2075420
The experience I had once the storm hit was like nothing possible.
On the screen were colored waves of greys and orange. Sounds that proceeded from the screens speakers surrounded my body. I was completely engulfed by the resonance crawling across my clothes.

A feeling of fear squirmed up my spine as the light glowing from the screen continued dancing endlessly in repeating patterns. I walked further away with my movie in hand. It was the limited edition recommended variety exclusive daysarreck player version. Only four devices in the world. I landed one by chance due to the falling out with the company.

As I made my way closer to the window I could see slithers of orange and greys moving through the sky. Beams of extravagant colors raced across the newly dawned sky. It was something I never imagined possible. I had to get a closer look. Call me crazy all you want, but you'd do the same if you were in my shoes. I stepped off the front porch slower than a snail. It took merely seconds before walls of sound pushed me to the ground. The sky began to take on a similar design to my screen still glowing from my den.

The amount of energy I felt could fill thousands of decades worth of power plants and yet none of it, not a single drop of it affected my body in a dangerous way. I couldn't believe it. When I looked down at my body it began to move and twist with the racing sky designs which still were occurring. I ran to the closest mirror I could find. None of anything that I experienced made any sense. As I stared into the jeeps side mirror, my reflection was as if I was becoming illuminated. It's the only explanation that I can offer.

I just wanted it all to go away. I never asked for any of this. Yet there I was hyped up in the middle of this fantastically frightful event. The sounds kept layering on top of one another. It wasn't harmonic at first, but as the squeezed together I could hear each wall get more and more higher with its tone. I couldn't find a single person after the sounds started. Matter of fact I couldn't remember anyone around before this happened either.

I had to take some time to breathe, but the more I did the more light I felt pushing through my body. That's when the flashes started. Back and forth I could see my den and than back outside again. Each scene of the den got more and more vividly orange with grey hues sprinting all over the place. I remember asking myself "why orange?" Fear can make you think some dumb things when you experience impossibilities.

The blizzard report was a fake. A false report, but why? Who would go out of there way to report something that would happen anyway, but completely different from what they said? It didn't matter when you're in the thick of something that shouldn't be possible. Did I say that already? Well it's hard not to repeat myself when you're in it!

I could feel my body squeezing now almost as if it were trying to fit into the walls of sound. Their harmonic tones were getting higher by the minute and each interval I could feel my skin about to burst. Light vegan shooting out from my eyes on and off. Still no lacerations, marks, or chemical burns could be found anywhere on my body. The jeep I touched moments ago was now melting into a pool of cold greens and Browns. I touched the soupy pool of color just to know what a pool of jeep would feel like. Cold soup.

Finally I had enough, chickened out and ran into my house. No transported or something. As I tried to run to it I was suddenly already there and outside simultaneously. That's when the waves in the sky began to fall down in a flood of color. It quickly raced through my neighborhood. I could see it making its way closer to me as I stared in horror. It hit me like a wall of water might until I fell unconscious in my own home. Surrounded in colored spilling waves pushing against the frame of the house. All that I saw next was nothing.

The tv was still on when I came too. My movie was already playing and the title screen seemed to hole extra crisper than normal. I realized that regardless of what my logic said. That was no dream and since that day my life and everything around me continues to have new life. I seem to be an object of where that life comes from, but that could be the ego just playing games with my mind. How do you feel around me? I mean do you feel anything odd after hearing about my experience? Have you experienced the life of light?


© Copyright 2016 MirrorLiving (mirrorliving at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075420-The-feeling-light-gives-you