*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075836-The-Foundation
by Spacey
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2075836
Deep secrets lie inside the Foundation, but are they helping or harming humanity?
Dr Yates sighed, and scribbled down a few notes on a clipboard. Once again, subject 966 was responding violently to some simple tests. The doctor had no hard feelings toward the creature, but it was for safety that it was kept here. For safety that it was tested on, to understand it.
Dr Yates was always looking to understand. A slight, petite woman with her glasses always on and her brown hair always tied behind her head, she had always wanted to learn more about the world. Up until one day, where she learnt a little too much and wound up here. Wherever here was, exactly.
Dr Yates strode down the hallway with her clipboard, looking for the O5 member of the facility. Facility 19, they called it. The sheer danger of the 'subjects' here made her shiver at the idea that there were at least 18 other locations.
In fact, she was so deep in thought she almost bumped straight into the man she was looking for - one Anderson Bright.
Bright was an enigma. Yates had never understood him - and she felt she never would. His face was always covered by a variety of masks and he always wore the exact same pastel suit.
She quickly handed the clipboard to him. He extended a hand and took it. His eyes scanned its contents, before he sighed and handed it back.
'Surely you can make it respond to something? I appreciate that it hasn't had much prey in here but that's exactly why it IS here!' His voice was almost a desiccated whisper today. Yates wondered if he had a cold.
Bright turned to leave. He hesitated for a second, before facing the woman again.
'Yates, yes? There will be a position opening up soon, as an Archivist. I would like you to apply for it. Categorising and researching these anomalies would be right up your avenue. You won't have to follow someone else's orders again. Consider it.'
And with that, Bright turned and left. Yates thought about what he'd said. Why would she be wanted as an archivist? Why would she want to work with the things that lived here? Most importantly, why would a position be opening soon?
Yates had a feeling she would soon find out.
© Copyright 2016 Spacey (darkestsouls at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075836-The-Foundation