*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075908-Here-lies-Reginald-Pasley
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing.Com · #2075908
Short story for 2/22. Word count: 289
Here lies Reginald Pasley

"Here lies Reginald Pasley. A loving Father, and Husband. May the magic find him in the afterlife as it found him in this life." The old tombstone read, overgrown with vines and moss, with a lone crow cawing on top.

The sky was cold and grey. It seemed that every time Dot visited her Husband the weather was like this. It suited her though, suited the personality she had adopted ever since he had passed away.

She felt that she could never be happy again and all the things that had brought her joy in the past, now belonged to the unforgiving earth. Her eyes glanced toward the dirt where she buried her husband in the very same coffin she had laid in on the night they first met.

Reginald had asked for assistance from the audience. Many people raise their hand, but when Dot caught eye of her future husband, both of them knew his choice was already made. Dot stepped up on the stage with everyone cheering her on, including Reg.

"My word, you are beautiful." He confidently announced.

He started to whisper the secret of the trick to her while she climbed into the lovely velvet lined oak coffin.

Dot also remembered the much more recent event of her husband's funeral.

Friends and family had gathered around their loved one. Placing flowers on a table next to the grave and giving Dot their deepest sympathies but she just couldn't bear to accept what had happen to her life.

She knelt down in front of the warn gravestone and started to pull away at the vines that gripped her partners gravestone.
Sitting and staring, she ignored the world around her and wiped the sadness from her eyes.

The End

© Copyright 2016 PyRoMirezzz (pyromirezzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075908-Here-lies-Reginald-Pasley