*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076014-CH1-of-The-Alexandria-Chronicles
by Dani
Rated: GC · Chapter · Fantasy · #2076014
First story of The Alexandria Chronicles.


Alexandria sighed as she stood up from her desk and walked over to the window of her office, looking out over the city of Los Heart. She was deep in thought and didn't pay much attention to the man behind her seated in front of her desk. She watched as the people below went on about their busy lives as if everything in the world was right. She was brought out of her thoughts as the man behind her called her name. She glanced back at him and sighed. Today had started off a good day and now it has gone all to hell. The body of a human, with their blood drained and throat ripped out graced the paper of Los Heart time's along with the body of a very big dog found with a silver bullet in the head. A human and a dead werewolf where not something they needed. As she looked back down at the newspaper, "Send Jasmine and Misty to find the newly turned vampire and have the editor of the paper meet me for lunch tomorrow afternoon, I can't wait for this explanation." She sighed this was going to be a long day. "Hunters?" The short blue haired man asked
"It's a good possibility. They still have some clans, but they haven't been active in almost 45 years." She said "Go do your job." The blue haired man got up and quickly left. She sat back down in her chair. She debated on if she should call the leader of the werewolves or deal with it herself. She hated having to deal with Nahla even if she was the daughter of the werewolf that bit her, all though years ago on the river bank. Nahla did not really care for dealing with issues but rather have others do it for her and in the process getting a lot of people in both communities killed. "Dammit." She said as she picked up the phone and dialed a number she knew by heart.
Later that night Alex watched as the two fighters in the middle of the factory went at it, she enjoyed nights like this. When Izuru approached her with the idea of a supernatural fight club for lack of better terms she dismissed it. The idea behind it was to let the Vampires and werewolf's go at it in a ring instead of the streets where humans could see, secrecy being the most important thing when it came to humans, epically the hunters. The alliance between the two groups was shaky at best, and after the incident in Brooklyn, if this helped she was all for it.
         She turned her attention from the fight to look through the crowed to find Izuru, he wasn't hard to find with is platinum blond hair. She walked over to him as he leaned against a concrete pillar. "Good evening, Alex." He said smiling pulling her into a hug, which she gladly returned. The docks of Los Heart Harbor are in Izuru's territory and far from the nearest police station or anything the humans would want, since it was mostly abandon buildings and docks. The harbor closed down 5 years ago I favor for a more modern one on the other side of the city that would hold twice as many buildings and ships docked to increase the flow of goods and money coming into the city. There are a few exceptional teenagers looking for a good place to get drunk or high, but they are hardly ever a problem.
         "Looks like this round of the fight is over, care to give it ago." He asked as he looked back to the make shift ring, a 36" inch high platform made of solid concrete measuring 20 by 20 feet. She smiled giving it a quick think over before decline the offer, and turned her attention back to the ring. The winning fighter a werewolf named Kyle probably no older than 100 years old. She knew very little about him and did not care to know about him. "How about o great Bringer of Death?, I though the king of Vampires was a great warrior, and yet here you are backing down from a fight." He yelled from the ring. The sound of the crowed died down to complete silence.
         Alex looked back to izuru and smiled. "Werewolf hearing." Was all he said as he rolled his eyes at her. Alex looked at the werewolf impassively and smiled, wondering if he really knew what he was asking for. She shrugged her shoulders and began to unbutton her shirt, reviling a black tank top and black bra straps. Her eyes never leaving Kyle, even as he eyed her up and down. Her arms were built with muscles of a boxer and tattooed with black tribal coming down from her back shoulder blades and wrapping its self-down her arms to her wrists. She made her way to the ring, jumping up with ease. She cocked her head to the side and grinned at the little pup before taking her stance.
         Kyle rushed at her swinging with his left and then his right, but was easily dodged each time, she danced her way around his moves, toying with him, watching him grow more angry each time he failed to connect. She had finally had enough when he went for a right hook, she blocked it and punched him in the stomach knocking air from his lungs, before he could recover she swung a right hook followed by a left and another right hook to his face, busting his nose open and blooding his lips. He sunk down to his knees dazed. Alex stepped back and ran at him bringing her right knee up to his face and knocking him out. She watched as his friends dragged his unconscious body from the ring.
         "Anyone else care to challenge the King?" Izuru yelled out from his spot, grinning looking over the silent crowed. Alex stood in the middle of the ring smiling as she looked around. It was not wise to challenge the King, The Bringer of Death as she is called to a fight, it never ends well. No one spoke up and as she made her way to leave she caught a scent, a very familiar scent of green apples and sandalwood her inner alpha howling with pride. She smiled not even bothering to turn around and look behind her. "Hello, Luna." She said before turning around. Luna stood a few feet from her, her arms crossed and blue eyes never leaving Alex. "it's been awhile, Alex."

© Copyright 2016 Dani (dani_s89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076014-CH1-of-The-Alexandria-Chronicles