*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077657-Battle-of-Wendell
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · War · #2077657
Was a full assault, we colonist had not any chance.
          It was a regular day, I returned from hunting in the woods. I stopped by my slave house, they finished early. They were always hard workers, even if they were former prisoners. I paid full year rent for them, they are to head back with the STC in two months. Every day felt the same. Five-hundred years on this planet and it felt as if it was progressing fast. My space sailing days were over, stay in space for too long and the anti-gravity will slowly kill a man. Little did I know it was only a matter of time before I had to go back to it.

It all happened so fast, the killing, the blood, sound of drums, soldiers marching, explosive cannons, and The Red Coat Calvary . I will never forget the sound of the guns, the gunpowder filled muskets. The warships never even landed on the planet, they just shot any ships that tried to escape. The minutemen of the town quickly charged onto the front lines. I wasn't part of the militia but I was a hunter, that was enough to draft myself. Hundreds of Red Coats marched over our colony, burning everything, killing everyone. We were all forced to retreat to the ships. I boarded a colonial ship, which are a crime to fire upon. Though they didn't care, they still let us go. A frigate was following us out, they got destroyed after a very short battle with a Red Coat Man O' War. We heard the news that colonies are getting attacked, but we didn't listen.



© Copyright 2016 MGerald (awesomexepic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077657-Battle-of-Wendell