*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077960-When-fate-is-not-enough
Rated: E · Prose · Experience · #2077960
Is our destiny really set in stone?
Little did I know (and still may not know much), that life is a circle of actions that surround a sphere of consequences; that generate effects with the single struck of a decision. If I had to choose between staying in a life where I was solely driven by a mechanical impulse and a life of reckless momentum, I would undoubtedly choose the second.
I breathe though my heart and I run with blind-folded feet. Had I known people would not feel the way I do, I would have never wished to be merely a human. I dreamed of having been born an artist, not those that become artists but those that are born with an artful soul; I dreamed of soaring into the air and becoming dust of hope, touching everyone’s heart with the eagerness of doing so and the motivation of loving, creating, rejoicing and enjoying.

I know deep within my chest that a life without inspiration is just oblivion. To me, inspiration is the strength of pursuing your own happiness through infinite simple things that touch our lives each day. There are doors to inspiration, most of which we never choose to open and explore. Inspiration can be hidden in a song that shrinks your heart, in a poem that makes your soul tremble, in the innocent smile of a child, in a tender caress that soothes your day, or in simple realizing that what we have been given is an incomparable gift of love.

Without inspiration, our spirit cannot breathe. If we conform to run past each day with a flattened countenance and an automatic drift, then existence starts to seem extravagantly dull, simple, worthless and meaninglessly foolish. I recall the word of a personal favorite, which read: “The brave may not live forever, but the cautious does not live at all”; reminding me of how many times a day we choose to play life on the safe track and ignore that there is so much more to our happiness than just that. We must remind ourselves every day that we need to strive to meet, at some point, the threshold of true fulfillment in our lives. We need to be able to leave something behind us in this world, at least a blurry glimpse of a difference in the hearts of other people; and inspiration may do just that.
© Copyright 2016 Arturo Elbittar (arturoelbittar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077960-When-fate-is-not-enough