*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078488-Built-From-Lies
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #2078488
Not about "love".
How could this happen, it wasn't meant to be... They used to tell me all day long, we would be happy, including me...

But looking at it now, how could they have said it? I can barely get up, for these days, so dreaded.

They told me to be happy, "Smile, you'll be okay!", but all they said was fake, I see that now, today.

There's nothing left to do, except let it take it's course, from what did this happen, what was that wicked source?

I can barely make it out, what we all will soon become, it feels pointless to think, when my everything feels numb.

I'll trace it back for fun, there's nothing left to do, trace it back for all of us, maybe I'll see it through.

I can remember the light, they used to tell me how it's great, this world I'll soon live in, but, now, it's filled with hate?

How did this happen? Is it a coincidence? It doesn't matter now, all I feel is impudence.

I just can't believe, they told me every lie. They even hid from me, how all of us die.

Realization is the worst, this weight into my head, we're all empty now, not a single tear will shed.

We're filled with hate, immunized to love, we see all of these wars, behind a white glove.

They try to hide the dark, attempting to spark fire, but they can't do much, soon we all will tire.

This world shows no promise, there's no point to our trying, the young see this now, but we're done with our crying.

We've been forced to grow old, far before our time, the troubles of the last, given, now they're mine.

So we shoulder this weight, this unbearable deed, trying to grow hope, without even a seed.

But we know not what to do, just as the ones before us, so they looked for a closet, trying to store us.

And in this lack of knowledge, we're thrown under the rug, some try to soldier on, others turn to drug.

We can't do anything, this situation that's been thrust, how could you, given all of our trust?

I cannot find a fix, nothing to ease the pain, none of us can help, this world is now our bane.

While we grow to take your place, I'll give you one more thing, my every ounce of hate, into hell you shall bring.

So keep lying to these kids, tell 'em it'll be okay, tell 'em all day long, while this world burns away.
© Copyright 2016 TheLineBetween (thelinebetween at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078488-Built-From-Lies