*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079817-Occultus-Malum
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Keplar
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Dark · #2079817
Beings of darkness, hidden among society.
Intro

I always liked church. Not the religious aspects, or the social interaction of these desperate folk begging to get into that bastard's paradise.
No, I always liked the silence. Wandering into church during the day when there is no mass or other events, sitting with my thoughts, admiring the decor of such a hopeless shrine to that prick. I couldn't stay long, obviously. The magic used to protect these holy grounds used to prevent us from entering at all. We've gotten used to it over time though. Yea, it burns, but I think it's worth it, for a bit of silence in an otherwise noisy, annoying world. I needed some time to myself anyway, me and some others were going out tonight for a bite to eat and I'll need my strength.
Oh the hardships of being a Ghoul. A shame to society. Monsters among men. Not that men were that much different to us. In a way, I feel like we're all monsters, humanity and ghouls together. Fuck it, no time to go all philosophical, it'll be midnight soon. I should go, I feel my skin crawling in this place.


Chapter 1

"Samuel, you're...late" smirked Joseph, seeing Samuel turn the corner, "What kept you?"
Joseph. Bastard. Never liked him. But we needed a leader. Or rather we needed someone we could blame it on if we got caught in the shit
"You know where he was Joseph, he swings by that church every day" sighs Annie, rolling her eyes, "We all have our pass times, can we just go now? Or should we sit around waiting for The Hunters to takes us down?"
Hunters. Humans in ridiculous trench coats with Crosses hanging round their necks. Like to go out at night to hunt Ghouls. Usually only tag the feral ones. We're too smart for those weak minded fucks
"HELLO? Earth to Sammy? C'mon man we can't have you daydreamin' on us again!" laughed Joseph.
Samuel snarled as the three took off down an alleyway, leaping onto a fire escape and scaling it to the roof, each of them perching themselves on the edge of the building's roof.
"Remember you two, we wanna stay low for tonight, no high profiles! Drunks and degenerates guys!" Joseph grins. The other two just look at each other and roll their eyes.
"I see you doing that you know" Joseph grumbles. Annie giggles and looks over to Samuel, smiling.
Annie. Beautiful creature. Only other being I can actually tolerate in this fucked up world. I mean, we met like 50 years ago when she and Joseph were a thing but they drifted apart long ago. I still don't think he's happy with how close we are though.
"SH! You hear that? That's lunch!" Annie snarls.
In the distance, three thugs sit around a bus stop, counting the money from the purse of the woman lying dead in the alleyway behind them.
"This fuckin' bitch was broke! What is this shit, 20 bucks?" the main thug yells in frustration.
"Dude, fuck it just toss the purse and let's go" another one asks, "We don't wanna be out this late"
"Aw little baby, is it past your bedti-"
The thugs are interrupted by a raspy, rough growl from the alleyway behind them, followed by the echoes of maniacal laughter in the darkness surrounding them. The thugs turn to run towards the bar across the street, when they come face to face with Samuel...in his true form.
His eyes completely black, his skin chalk white, with black veins sticking out like cracks along the outer area of his eyes and mouth. His teeth, pointed and razor sharp with black bile dripping from them.
One thug tries to pull his gun, as Samuel smacks it away, laughing. He grabs the thug by the neck, and drives his fist straight through the thug's stomach. Samuel takes a handful of the thug's stomach, and starts violently pulling it from the thug's body. The thug drops to the ground, as Samuel rips the end of his intestines from his now near lifeless body. Samuel lets out a deep, evil cackle as he ferociously tears into the thug, dragging him into the alleyway, joining Annie and Joseph with their catches.
Good thing about these types. Hunters don't typically care if they go missing. Not like anyone would really miss them anyway. I don't like humans to begin with but even I think these types are scummy. As evil as you'd like to think of us, at least we don't actively kill our own kind for fun. Fucking humans.


Chapter 2 Coming Soon
© Copyright 2016 Keplar (keplar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079817-Occultus-Malum