*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080119-Reality-is-an-Illusion
by Beth H
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #2080119
This is just a simple piece of work based on my outlook in life.
There are people in this world that believe Reality is just an Illusion.
Reality cannot be proved by any mean of matter; not by Science or Religious Beliefs nor by a single living soul.
The idea that reality may in fact be a dream and that dreams are reality is a thought shared by many.

Different events may trigger these types of thoughts, for example time may seem like it goes very quickly and in these moments people feel as if they aren't living in the real world.
I, like many others, have felt this, the idea that this isn't reality and that my dreams and nightmares are more realistic; I have even felt like I have been in a coma for years, wondering if this is just my mind playing out some elaborate and very well set dream and if one day I'm going to wake up suddenly and none of this was ever real.
There are so many others that at one point or another have felt the same way; usually these thoughts come from either a tragic or exciting event; such as the loss of a loved one or the beginning of a life, the times where we are either grieving and can't accept that it's happened, or overjoyed and can't believe something's happening.
I have felt this way many times, the easiest examples to explain are as follows:
My Mother and Father's separation
-I didn't          want to accept that my mother and father were separating and for          weeks I would lie in bed and contemplate why it was happening,          whether it was actually happening at all.
I wanted to think that          maybe I would wake up and it would have all just been a dream; that          my mother would be back in the house, hugging my father and for them          to still be happily married, but it wasn't the case; it could          never be the case, both of my parents had found someone else and          although it took me a good few years to accept it, I eventually did          and to this day I still wonder if it could have planned out          differently.


My Son's Birth
-9 Months I carried a child          inside me, but until I was in labour it never really hit me that I          was having a child at all.
I remember it all too clearly, at          first I was messing around with my Mother and my Auntie, trying to          take my mind off the pain of contractions, when they worsened I was          almost bed ridden, the pain at first was excruciating and that's          when I was given Entinox (Gas and Air, or Happy Gas as some people          refer to it as), the pain became more bearable and after a while,          once I'd been on it for a good hour, when my head became blurry          and I couldn't think straight, I remember turning to my Mother and          asking her if this was really happening, at first she didn't          understand but then again who would?
When she asked me what I          meant I simply said "Am I really going into Labour?" and when          she replied with the answer yes, I burst into tears; I was unsure as          to why I was crying, whether it was tears of joy or if I just didn't          feel prepared, but nonetheless I did cry.


My Uncle's Death
-On 11
th          July 2015, I was woken up by several missed calls off my Father and          a Facebook message off my sister; I checked the message first and it          read 'Have you spoken to Dad?' because I hadn't I replied no          and all she said was 'I'm so sorry'.
Even to this day it          pains me to talk about it, I burst into tears at even the slightest          reminder of him.
I called my Father back and as soon as he          answered, I could hear the hurt in his voice, I've never heard my          Father speak the way he did when he told me the bad news; at first I          thought he was going to tell me that it was my Grandfather, and even          at just that thought I started crying and all I said was "please          don't say it" to which he then told me that my Uncle Graham had          passed away the night before, following a very severe heart attack,          I became speechless and all I did after that was cry.
I still          don't believe that he's gone, sometimes I feel like maybe he's          going to turn up on my doorstep and act like he always used to, even          though I know he's still here with me, watching over me and all of          my family, it just doesn't feel the same without him, I could          never be upset around him because he made everything better with his          funny faces and his personality in general.

I don't want to accept that this is reality, because in truth if it were then reality hurts but whether it is or it isn't, reality has to be accepted in some way or another, I feel like I'd rather my dreams be reality and until it can be proven that this is in fact reality, that is how I will look at the world.

© Copyright 2016 Beth H (beth_h96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080119-Reality-is-an-Illusion