*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080492-Purple-eyes
by Hope
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2080492
Chapter one (?) of maybe a small novel I'm going to wrie
I was born with purple eyes and hair so blonde it seemed white. Where I'm from, any children born with unnatural coloration are taken at birth, and raised to become some of the most powerful people in the country. But not me. When I was born, the usual fuss was made. I was reported to the government, and they sent agents to check me out. My parents say they weighed me, took hair and blood samples, and just overall evaluated me. When they were done they congratulated my parents on such a healthy child and left. We never saw them again. My parents were so ashamed that I was left behind that they dyed my hair from a very young age and made me wear it over my eyes. They had never heard of someone being left behind before. In my country, almost everyone ( about 95% of the population) has normal coloring. Brown, dark green or blue eyes, and black, brown, or light brown hair. Every once in a while, however, there is a child born with very unnatural coloring. I've seen men and women born with blue streaks, red eyes, eyes so blue they were bright as diamonds, dark green hair, and so on. In comparison my purple eyes and white hair weren't that impressive, but among normal folk I would've stuck out like a sore thumb. I'd learned to deal with my purple eyes, and covered them very well.
Until the day Mattais kissed me.
I had been courting Mattais for quite some time. We had held hands, gone on walks, all the cute couple things. One evening we were laying beneath the stars, just enjoying one another's company. He suddenly asked, "How come I've never seen your eyes?" Just like that, out of the blue. I mumbled some reply about my bangs getting in the way, and of course he'd seen my eyes before. He leaned close and whispered " You're lying." And then he was kissing me. The sweet hesitant kiss of a first love. I kissed him back; I had been hoping for this for quite a while now. He leaned back, and slowly brushed the hair away from my eyes. We made eye contact, and he barely blinked in reaction to my amethyst eyes. "Wow," He murmured. "You're the one I've been looking for." My heart started to crash inside my chest. "What, exactly, do you mean by that?" I replied, quickly brushing my hair into place. "Do you happen to have white hair under that dye?" He asked in a conversational way. "Um, I don't know what on Earth you're talking about." I lamely said, quickly scooting away. "My God, you really ARE the one I've been looking for!" He shouted as he laid back against the grass. My already crashing heart felt like it would explode if this kept up, so I slapped him on the arm. "Matt, what ON EARTH are you BLABBERING ABOUT?!" He sat up at my harsh words and a cheeky grin spread across his face. "Well, my father told me to look for a girl with purple eyes, and white hair. Looks like I've found her."
© Copyright 2016 Hope (bushesoflove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2080492-Purple-eyes