*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2082149-High-School-Reuion
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2082149
Three Minute Read
High School Reunion

She thought her pale white skin made her look ill and Lily really needed to look good for this reunion. In the ten years since high school graduation, she had made up for her dorkiness then, now living in the city, powerful job, beautiful apartment, engaged to an amazing man, she had the world at her feet. Why did the thought of seeing her high school peers suddenly send her right back to dorkdom?

She’d bought a dress that showed off her healthy, great shape, but looking at herself in the mirror all she saw was pale white skin. She decided she needed some color, a bit of copper glow would do the trick. There was little time left so she made an appointment for a spray tan at the first place that had an opening and off she went.

Arriving just in time, she was ushered into a room and given instructions. In the booth, hair completely wrapped in gauzy stuff, she was instructed to strip, watch for the signal, close her eyes, and every time the buzzer buzzed, make a quarter turn. Sounded simple.

At the signal she closed her eyes and felt the first soft spray. It was quite pleasant, at the buzzer she turned a quarter turn and felt the next soft spray. Buzzer again, she turned, oops, hadn’t she turned clockwise last? Having her eyes closed was a tad disorienting. She started to turn back and felt the spray hit her again. Whirling, she got into place, but just as the last spray hit.

Lily wore a high neck, long sleeved, full length dress to the reunion, even her makeup was quite exotic. Nobody was really surprised though, after all, they all remembered Lily had been such a dork in high school.
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2082149-High-School-Reuion