*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2082476-Pre-Party-Gossip
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Mystery · #2082476
A small chapter on a book i am trying to write about social media.
In the sleepy village of Taxford , where there is not much for a young woman to do , with only the single public house , a corner shop and a library joined with the village hall , the high light for Suzy would be going out of the village . Most of her friends have either left to go to college or have moved to pastures new . Then there are the lucky ones ……… Oh the lucky ones get a gold band on their finger.

Yet as Suzy slipped her dressing gown from her shoulders and slowly eased down into the bath so that the bubbles and foam would caress each nook and each cranny , she was content in the knowledge that with just one click she can chat and share , catch up with gossip and plan ahead , and all with her friends that she misses dearly. She lays in the bath , soaking up all the scented bliss of the bubble bath and the scented candles she as by the bath.

With a gasp and a moan

“How is that bloody possible”

“Every bloody time , every bloody time I get in the bath”

“Does the phone have to ring”.

Suzy takes a breath … “hello”

“Hello , is that Suzy Carter”

“Yea it’s Suzy , what can I do you for , I warn you now , I don’t do cold callers”

“Oh!! ok , it’s Mary Watson , you know from high school , we took drama together”.

As Suzy thinks for what seems like a age to recollect her school years , Mary pipes up again

“Some of the girls from school are going on a hen party for one of our old class mates , if your interested you can go onto our page on Friends Life , you know , that social media thingy”

“Yea sure I will take a look ….. Goodbye”

“Bye hopefully we will see you there”

Suzy sigh’s “hopefully” as she slips back into the bath which is now bubble less and tepid.

​Suzy soon realizes that Monday night television is at best dire , so she decides to take a peek on Friends Life.

​As a newbie to the site she has not got many friends neither has she had many requests

​“Oh so popular again ……Suzy” she giggles.

​After a minute or so she finds what her old school chum had mentioned ‘SABS HEN PARTY’ Sabs who the hell is Sabs ,,,,,oh Sabrina Hawthorn (as she scrolled down the page) she continued to scroll and take in the information for the party , with the following info jotted down she then scrolled back to the top

​“hang on , how many guests…. 250…….wow” now that’s a popular gal.

SABS HEN PARTY , Saturday December 1st 2013 , 8pm start , ‘The Snake’ male stripper , ‘Visage’ 80’s tribute band , masquerade fancy dress optional , be there or be a square.

​Square it is then Suzy thought whilst drifting slowly off to sleep.

The following day was one of Suzy’s days off , not that she gets that many as the local PCSO (Police Community Support Officer) and because she lives in the village the rest of the village thinks she’s on call 24/7 . Today was especially quiet for her so she decides to take another look on Friends Life , still no friend links or like on her home page. So instead of scrolling down through the endless blah of what other people have been doing and eating for dinner (one of Suzies pet hates) she decides to go straight onto the hen party page she starts to read with a bit more meaning . Firstly looking down the invited guests to see if she actually knew anyone that was invited and also see who as replied that was attending or the may be’s and the boring not going squad , scrolling through the list …..No…….Who…..Don’t Know Them….No…..Why Them , the list kept on going until she had a group of 5 girls she went to school with that she actually remembered , so with Suzy there would also be Mary , Jilly ,Natty , Jules and Fitz.

As Suzy will be off duty on the night of the hen party she decides to tap the attending button , then sends a friends request to Mary Watson , Jillian Murrin , Natasha Facer , Julie Thompson and Bonnie Fitzpatrick . She also sends a request to Sabrina Hawthorn , well it is her party at least.

Looking at the rest of the information for the party and especially Visage the 80’s tribute band and with a few acts from that era that they try and mimic , Culture Club , Bros , Pet Shop Boys , Duran Duran to name but a few ….. hmmm should be a good night .

Now lets take a look see at The Snake , seeing that there is not much information about him on the hen party page she decides to look at his own page , also with limited information on it , but there is a picture that catches the eye , with no face picture to view , she is still able to distinguish who ‘the snake’ might be ……. “No”..“NO WAY IS THAT HIM!” well this could be interesting as she closes her lap top.
© Copyright 2016 Stephen Scorer (spiro69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2082476-Pre-Party-Gossip