*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2084161-Thirst
by Arooba
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Philosophy · #2084161
the weather is the reflection of your mood..
THIRST

He pulled over in the garage where the scorching sunlight was burning him inside and out. The sweat was dripping from his temple. It surely was a hot day as his eyes were gleaming too.
"Does it have to be today?" he asked to himself.
As he approached his door, knowing he wouldn't find her there his steps become clumsy. "Why it had to be today?" screamed his mind again.
He reached to his couch and dived onto it. As he felt his thirst his throat screeched too "why today??"

Barely making it to the refrigerator he has think a dozen explanations why he was right in the morning. Why it was the right thing to scream at her. And leave her there as she sobbed her eyes out.
But as the cold water trickled to his stomach it was clear to him. It wasn't his tongue that was parched, but his soul without her.
The moment of awakening was beautiful, as the beautiful sunlight which welcomed him outside. When the sun smiled at him, he was eager to rush to her. To apologize. To take her back to home.


© Copyright 2016 Arooba (arooba93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2084161-Thirst