*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2084393-To-the-abuser
Rated: GC · Letter/Memo · Personal · #2084393
Another letter from my book of sadness..
I used to have friends before I met you. Then with each word of yours I was cut deeper and isolated further from them. I told you personal things about me and you hurled them back in my face at every chance you got. All of my dreams, passions, hopes. I shared them with you and you really seemed interested at times. However, every time we fought I was reminded of how I would never get anywhere. Everything that I did for you meant nothing. Everything was blamed on me. I was stupid and dumb and every evil word slowly chipped at my confidence and my being. I never believed what you said. I just believed that you thought I was stupid and that I was nothing. That I would never be anything if I didn't have you. I stopped trying to please you after awhile. I stopped listening to you and I stopped wanting to be around you. When you sat next to me on the couch I would move away. When you tried to kiss me, I hated it. I didn't want you touching me after you started hitting on me. It made me move so much further from you. I started to withdraw deeply into myself.. A few more hours to myself before bed, more overtime , longer workouts and more time for grocery shopping.. My stuffed bear became my cuddle buddy because I no longer wanted you next to me. Each time I pulled away a bit from your embrace, from your hands on me.. My heart started to get really cold.. Your needs mattered less to me. I stopped asking you what you wanted for dinner, I stopped asking you to drive me places.. I let go because you hurt me.. Someone that told me they loved me.. Bruised me, hurt me, broke me.. I finally left... One night I took my wallet and my car keys and never looked back. You never came looking for me.. See.. I told you, you never loved me..
© Copyright 2016 Kingash (dsptlyskgash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2084393-To-the-abuser