*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2085021-The-Rebirth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2085021
To leave the pain behind
The pain has been with me for such a very long time.
It has taken so much from me; it has left me frail and beaten down, it has tortured my mind.
I look for the strength to fight but no more can be found.

Now it slowly pulls my life from me.
Everything I am will no longer exist. In just a few years my name and who I was will be forgotten.

The face of the one I have loved for so long is the last thing I see, and in my heart I know that she loves me.
As a young man I first saw the sparkles in her eyes. I still see them now even through the tears that she cries.
In her soft sweet voice I hear her say; It’s OK my love, let the pain go away.

In only a moment I emerged from the pain.
My mother is there. What a precious gift from heaven.
She holds me close as she had done before, at the times when the pain was too much to endure.
I see her smile and the glow of her beautiful face. Somehow she knows my thoughts, and she says to me, “My dear son, there is no more pain and no more strife. I am here to lead you home”.

There is still something that holds me back. What about the one who I have loved for so long? Who will be there when she cries out at night?
Now I see a man and hear a voice that I know. “That’s my little girl and she is stronger than even she knows. At times when she is in despair and all appears lost I slip away from Heaven and hold her as she sleeps. Now until it’s her time to join us you can watch over her too”.
Now with the burden lifted, with no more pain or worries to be had. I take my mother’s hand and walk into the light.
© Copyright 2016 Paramedic (tarheel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2085021-The-Rebirth