*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2087261-Just-One-Smart-Boy-And-One-Popular-Girl
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #2087261
A guy is in love with a girl but they are just friends........
Just One Smart Boy and One Popular Girl!




Two Parts!

Based On A True Story!

By: Hayven Houchens

PART ONE:






Once upon a time there was a girl named Taylor and a guy named Jacob. Taylor was in 5th grade and a new student at East High Elementary. Taylor only knew one student, Elizabeth Lile, which they met when Taylorâs teacher, Mrs.Strode, talked to Taylorâs mom to set up a âdateâ so Taylor could meet someone from her new school. Taylor didnât know Jacob at all, all she knew was what she heard. Jacob was also a 5th grader but he was SO smart that he was advanced so he was taking 6th grade classes. She didnât know what he looked like or even his last name, then came K-PREP week. Jacobâs teacher made him and his best friend come take the K-PREP in a 5th grade homeroom which just so happened to be the same homeroom that Taylor was in. They didnât really talk that week either, but Taylorâs teacher had a tradition. The tradition was where she made a list of the 25 most popular careers and everyone wrote down a name beside each career of who they think would most likely work in that career department. Then, she would write down who got the most votes for that career and that was the award they would get. The award said, âThis award goes to ___________ for most likely to achieve ________ when they grow up.â She didnât let us know what award we had been chosen for until she called out our name on awards day, which is also the last day of school A.K. The last day of being a 5th grader. Once everybody was given their awards their parents could take them home if they chose too. Taylor decided to stay and she wasnât sure if Jacob stayed or not because she was just worried about hanging out with her friends on the last day of school because she knew she wouldnât see them for 3.5 months. Once everybody left Taylor left with one of her friends named Katelynn. Even after Taylor went home she still never figured out Jacobâs last name.

TO BE CONTINUEDâ¦

















PART TWO:





CONTINUED:

         On the first day of 6th grade, Taylor was put into the most sarcastic, funny, and the most awesome teacherâs classroom. She enjoyed being his classroom but she enjoyed being friends and noticing the people she didnât notice last year including Jacob. She might have noticed Jacob and figured out his last name but she still never talked to him because she always thought that she was too good for him. Almost 1-2 months before school was out they were hosting an East High Talent Show which Taylor and her three best friends (at the time) wanted to be in all together. All the girls had a really high voices so they needed someone with a really low voice. All 3 were in choir so they needed a guy because 95% of all the girls in choir had high voices. One girl from the group wasnât in choir but she had an off the wall voice so the other 2 girls let her be in not only because she had an amazing voice but because Taylor and the other 2 girls were bestest friends with her. They decided that Jacob had a really low voice so they asked him to be in the group. He said âyes, of courseâ because he has had a âcrushâ on Taylor since 5th grade but he hasnât told her yet. They wanted to start practicing right away to make it perfect. He had his mom sign the paper saying he could be in it with 4 girls even though he was made fun of for doing it with them. Jacob gave Taylor his email so she could text him. It started out just about the talent show but it got off topic a lot. The rest of the week he never wanted to practice so the girls told him that if he didnât practice and quit playing basketball that he was out of the group, of course he put basketball before his love for Taylor. He was out of the group and then one of the girls decided she didnât like the song that Taylor and her 2 other friends chose so she went to sing with another girl with the song that she wanted to sing. So it was just Taylor and her 2 friends, they decided they were going to sing Bubbly by Colbie Calliat. One night the next week Jacob texted Taylor admitting his feelings for her and she broke his heart by saying that it would never happen and that she didnât feel the same way. The next day they didnât speak at all because she told him that she didnât feel the same way. After the week passed they ended up talking to each other in math class. They talked in school and after so much other people were convinced that they liked each other. One night Jacob told Taylor that he was so sorry about quitting the talent show group and said said that it was fine because she understood that being the only guy in an all-girl talent show group was kind of embarrassing. The girls got through the talent show without getting sick or messing up. Two weeks after the talent show Taylor finally admitted her feelings for Jacob. Three days later was the big day, that night was the annual 6th grade graduation. During the ceremony a young lady was chosen to speak about keeping friends that care and love you. Once she said those words Jacob and Taylor looked at each other with tears in their eyes, smiled and then turned to continue listening to the young lady speak. In that moment they both realized they both had fallen in love with each other. Later that night Jacob and his girlfriend got in a fight because she was too much drama and so they broke up while Jacob was on facetime with Taylor, he texted Taylor while on facetime if she would go out with him and after what happened at graduation she knew she couldnât say no. The next day was the first day of school and they both wanted to go to be with eachother but by the next day Jacob didnât feel the same, he wouldâve rather been with his dorky friends. They dated for about 1 and a half weeks then Taylor realized they werenât meant to be because he took things too far and she was in love with a different guy. She made him break up with her because she didnât want to be the bad person. She texted the guy that she really wanted to be with and asked him if he had feelings for her, a week later he texted back and said yes so they dated for a day. The next day he broke up with her because she was just getting out of a relationship so she waited a couple of days and she asked him out this time, and he said yes. (They are still dating to this day) Taylor will never figure out and forget the night that Taylor and Jacob broke up because Jacob got mad for Taylor dating another guy but he didnât mention that he was back together with another one of Taylorâs friends, she had to figure out from her best friend. Taylor and Jacob didnât talk for about 3 weeks because Taylor felt betrayed and so did Jacob. One day the next week he texted with an apology for not being the guy she wanted and for being a jerk over the break-up. To this day he still loves her and isnât afraid to admit but Taylor doesnât feel the same but they agree that being best friends is good enough for him and is good for her. He might love her in a relationship and romantic way but she only loves him as a best friend. They can share anything with each other that they canât share with anyone else without judging, making fun of, getting, mad, crying, and yelling at each other.
THE END!


© Copyright 2016 Hayven Houchens (hayvenhouchens at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2087261-Just-One-Smart-Boy-And-One-Popular-Girl