*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2088862-Tales-of-Anuir
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2088862
In lands far away, secrets about the creation of Anuir come alive, and tell us of a story.










Tales Of Anuir:
Book the First
The Creation


THE CREATION



Once upon a time, before stars reigned and the sun domained... there was naught but one being alive in the emptiness of it all. He was the only, and the first and last. And that being was him, he who was the only and first and last. His name was Elun the Creator, and the One.
And on one fateful day, he looked down upon his throne and thunder rumbled, lightening came and lit the vacancy beyond. The Creator's eyes searched the emptiness in which he sat upon. There was nothing else but him, and he grew discontented.
Deciding it was not worth feeling what a fleeting emptiness brought, he sung in a tongue which shook the heavens, a language which the children of his creation would tremble when spoken, and a tongue which the children of creation would praise him with. This was the song, if it could be put in words, for I was not there when this great feat was done, but was passed on this tale.
"My breath wander, become the clouds,

And veil the firmaments,

Watch the void beyond, air be your domain

Thunder be your scepter, lightening be your light,

And your lord be Mathos, the Windlord..."

And the heavens were veiled with clouds, air became alive as thunder and lightning reigned. Then from this feat rose Mathos of the Air, the Windlord and king of the heavens. This was the first of the Eldar, the angelic beings whose names are forever embedded in creation.
"Sparks that glow in the darkest gloom,

Be the stars of the emptiest void,

Fill the nothingness with the brightest light,

And your glitter be Ailwe's cloak,

As she rides her chariot in this silent realm."

And the stars came being as the One gave each and every one of them a name. The brightest he named Ailwe, the Lady of the Stars. This was the second of the Eldar, the queen of the heavens.
"Come,






































































































































































































































© Copyright 2016 Celebfindel (celebfindel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2088862-Tales-of-Anuir