*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089365-Perfect
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #2089365
16 year old Tristen has had a hard life.Then his life got better when he met Aiden.
My first day of high school, and I already want to leave. I hate it here, I keep telling myself to get up and walk out. So I did, as im walking down the hallway this kid comes out of nowhere and trips. All of his stuff flies in different directions. I kneel down to help him. In mt mind I think damn you have beautiful eyes. I guess I said it out loud cause he chuckled and said thanks. Way to go Tristen way to look like a dork. I hand him his books and we both slowly stand up.

" Im Aiden."

" oh, im Tristen. This is my first year here."

" Yeah I know, ive never seen you around."

I bow my head, i notice that he had a grin on his face.

"What?"

"I like your shirt.."

It took me by suprise because not many people still listened to the Chilli Peppers.

"Thanks, they're my favorite band."

"Mine too, well I have to go to class."

He walked away. All I could think was wow. Aiden was on my mind 24/7, we occasionally passed each other in the hallway. We have a lot of classes together though. Sitting in history that day was just pointless. I just gazed at Aiden, then when he would look he would always grin. After class he stopped me and he asked if I would wait for him after school by the stairs. So, I did. When he finally got there we talked for hours. I got his number, we talked for hour that night. From that point on we hung out all the time, my phone bill was so high I got my phone taken away.

That morining, I got ready and was out the door my the time my foster parents were even up. I walk in the front entrance and Aiden pulls me to the side.

" Why didnt you text me back?"

" My parents took my phone away."

He shrugged and took my hand, we headed out the doors.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me down the sidewalk, to his car. I tried to catch my breath to ask him where we were going. It felt like we had been driving forever but it's only been half an hour. I kept looking at him from the passenger seat, he looked different than he did at school or when we hung out. He looked free, his hair blowing in the wind with his hand hanging or the window. He finally noticed that I kept looking at him, so he kept looking at me. It made me blush, and smile. No one has ever made me smile like he could.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"I'm not telling you, it's a surprise." Aiden replied.
"I hate surprises", I said under my breath.
"You'll like this one, I promise." He said with a grin on his face.
He finally pulled into an abandoned park. When I got out of the car it felt like I had been there before, but I know I hadn't. We both walked over to the swings that were there and sat down. I could tell he wanted to tell me something, but I wasn't sure what.

" Are you okay?" I asked.

"I have a lot of history here. A lot of bad thing happened here." He said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" As I sighed.

"When I was 14 my dad brought me here all the time, and he would leave me alone for hours. My parents were alcoholics, so I had to fend for myself a lot of the time. So one day, I was just all out of sort and my dad brought me here. And what he didn't know is that I brought a blade. So once he left, I sat on the slide and I cut. I didn't go deep enough to where I would need to go to the emergency room, but enough to where it would leave a scar. I remember the release it gave me, it was like all of the bad emotions were flowing out of me. I always felt like I had to be perfect in order for my parents to love me. Like, I had to be perfect to make them stop drinking. It was almost like I was the reason they started drinking." Aiden finally let out a cry.

"Hey, you weren't the reason they started drinking. They had problems they didn't want to deal with, that's why they drank. They drank to forget their problems but in the process hurt you... You want to know something? When I was 13 I used to cut my wrists all the time. That year was hard for me because I went to 7 different foster homes. Life was hard, I kept thinking to myself,you're not good enough to have a family, you don't deserve one. I mean my own parents left me and I didn't know why. I was never perfect enough to fit into what ever home I was in. So one day I just took scissors and dragged the blade across my wrist. The blood came flooding out, and I felt nothing. I was numb." I sighed.

Aiden started laughing," I guess we both have a rocky past!"

We both kept swinging even though we were both laughing now. We watched the sun go down, and the sky change colors. At that point, I knew he was special. He looked at me, and I looked at him. His hand grazed my face and he leaned in. His soft lips finally hit mine and it was amazing.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." He whispered.

That moment was so special and real. I didn't want it to end, and know he didn't either. Then it happened, the worst thing that could've happened, happened....

© Copyright 2016 Abbey0326 (abbey0326 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2089365-Perfect