*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091776-Evening-Work
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2091776
Flash Fiction
Evening Work

Gina peeked through the curtain at the street, she could see people walking. Why did he have a front bedroom? she thought. Well, at least on the ground floor. She’d easily snuck in the window while Al was at basketball practice, but couldn’t turn on a light, if someone came home early they’d see it.

Looking around, she found a bathrobe hanging in the closet. She grabbed it pulling it over her, and over Al’s laptop as she opened it. No light would show out. She went to his email.

Why did she always get so crazy? She’d overheard him say ‘Lisa’ to George, and knowing she’d heard that name before immediately assumed he was cheating on her. Before she had time to think straight, she’d sent a scathing email, not only about cheating, but calling him scum and a lazy bum who would never amount to anything. In other words, more than she could apologize away no matter what story she came up with. She took a deep breath, calm down, she told herself, all I need to do is delete the last email I sent.

Glancing at his emails, the first thing she noticed was three from ‘Lisa!” Suddenly enraged again, she practically smashed the mouse button deleting all Al’s emails, every single one! Just as she finished, the door opened. Gina froze, but the light popped on anyway.

“Gina?” said Al’s mom, “I didn’t know you were here.”

Gina thought fast “Oh, I’m sorry, my printer’s down and Al said I could use his to copy my homework. I’m afraid I fell asleep…”

“Oh,” said his mom, not seeming to quite believe it, but being polite. She was standing next to a beautiful girl about Gina’s age.

“Well, since you’re here, you can meet Al’s cousin, Lisa!”
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091776-Evening-Work