*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093190-Rendezvous-on-a-bench
by Matiz
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #2093190
Short story. A title shows it all...

- Don’t open your eyes…
- Why?
- Just keep them closed for me… please… Yes, like that… How do you like my new perfume?
- This is very nice. But I like the old one as well. The one with little pinch of vanilla.
- Oh, do you? Well, I just wanted to surprise you a bit. I hope you don’t mind?
- Well, no. Of course not. How was your day?
- I was waiting for you here, as always. I knew you would come. You are always coming.
- I love you. But you know that already, don’t you? You see, I saw this woman today, she was selling beautiful flowers on the corner, just by our bakery shop. I just couldn’t resist.
-They are wonderful! Thank you. I will just keep them here with me, all right?
-Yessss…So tell me, what have you been doing besides looking for me?
- I was just walking around. Autumn seems to appear earlier this year, did you notice? Trees are becoming golden, wind is cool despite the sunny days.
- Even so, I’m hoping to see you. Because I will be coming here even when winter comes.
- You know that I exist because you are here, because you love me so much…
- Yes, I know… And I… I called for a professional today! He will come tomorrow and fix that window in our bedroom.
-Oh, at last! I asked you a year ago already! My poor thing… you caught that terrible cold. Promise, you will take care of yourself in a proper way!
- I promise. I promise…
A scent of perfumes suddenly became more intense. He was always treasuring these moments, when her lips were touching his cheek, in a way so delicate as butterfly’s wings do. In a sweet, unexpected manner.
-I will leave you, all right? We can meet tomorrow and you will tell me how everything goes. Good bye for now…

He was still able to sense a scent, a strange vibration for a little while. He opened his eyes.
She was right. Now, when sunset was that close, he realised that autumn was getting very near. He covered neck by collar of his dark blue coat. His hands were trembling a bit. He squeezed the head of the walking stick and stood up slowly. Surrounding trees, bench covered with green paint. Only a bunch of purple asters were lying on its surface, everything bathed in a sun and shadows. Like on a painting of great impressionist.







© Copyright 2016 Matiz (matiz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093190-Rendezvous-on-a-bench