*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093493-Huh
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2093493
Flash Fiction
Huh

I couldn’t remember what happened. I’d been on my kitchen floor. My head was clear, my body felt fine. I was splayed out, on my back, between the table and the counter, if I’d fallen wouldn’t I hurt?

I didn’t move, just in case. Knowing I was alone in the house there was no point in calling out. Was I? I ticked off the other inhabitants, Ron at work, the kids at school, our dog in the yard. I lay there trying to recall the last thing that happened before I found myself here. Everyone had gone, I put the dog out while I got ready for work, since she’d be in all day. I looked down at my clothes, still pajamas. OK. I came in from putting the dog out… what next?

There was something on the ceiling. Right! Our kitchen opens to the family room which has a very high ceiling. I’d walked in from putting Molly out and caught movement out of the corner of my eye, up near the ceiling. I immediately thought moth, maybe a fly but it was moving really slow. Light reflection maybe? I stopped to watch it. It moved toward the corner then suddenly changed direction, quite fast, aiming right at me. I remember watching it come toward me, but it was so fast I couldn’t move. The next thing I knew; I was on the floor.

I looked up now, there was nothing there. I got up, I was fine. Thinking that was so weird, but now I’m late, I hurried to get ready and get to work. Finally driving away from my house the GPS said “turn right.”

My first thought was, wow that voice sounds just like me! The second, I don’t have a GPS in this car.
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093493-Huh