*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093562-The-Rejection
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Drama · #2093562
Gabby experiences disappointment being rejected by a man she likes.
(275 Word Count)

Remembering how wonderful she'd felt the last few days, Gabby stared dumbstruck out the window watching the man she'd been falling for back out of the driveway, then drive down the road, the car becoming smaller with each passing moment. A single tear had begun developing in her eye, until its mass tipped it over her lid like a car on a roller-coaster, and it streamed down her cheek, leaving a path behind. She stared in silence watching him disappear, shrinking until he was barely a discernible dot at some point on the horizon.

She turned slowly over to the woman ready to comfort her across the room, and they embraced “They never want to stay.”

The woman nodded, “Honey, you were going to have to tell him sooner or later. It wouldn't have been right not to.”

She nodded in agreement. She loved her Nan, but hated when she was right.

Nan released her, and she moved toward the bathroom to clean up.

As she stared at herself in the mirror, she was reminded of just how beautiful she'd become since the surgery. The transition had been completely successful, and she now felt like the woman she had always thought she was.

Affirming herself she worked her eyeliner and lipstick then picked up her iPhone.

She punched the line for Heather, then began pressing keys “He took off after told him. I need to do something. Jet's tonight?”

It took about thirty seconds, “Sorry sweetie! Yeah, that'll cheer you up. About 10?”

She responded, “Works for me. Laters.”

Gabby sighed and smiled at herself. She would have fun tonight come hell or high water!










© Copyright 2016 Listener70 (pramsey70 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093562-The-Rejection