*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093593-Scarlet-Chapter-1-A-Bloody-Mess
Rated: ASR · Draft · Death · #2093593
Evelyn Swears To Find Her Parent's Killer with a new friend she meets.
Scarlet: A Bloody Mess

Dead, all of them, just...dead. My family's blood was splattered unevenly over the blue walls of my living room, the putrid stink of their rotting bodies made my eyes water. He did this; he took my family away from me! "Murderer! Murderer!" I screamed , tears rolled down my cheeks as I raced out of my house, my old life was over, and my new one had just begun.

My name is Evelyn Nightlance, I am 13 years and have been for the past 100 years, I am a vampire, turned by a friend i had aquired soon after my parent's murder. but then the same person that had murdered my parents had put a stake in her! Why must humans be so cruel? Don't they see that we mean them no harm and that vampires are human too, we only died and came back to life as immortal beings with a serious bloodlust! I mean, come on!
It all started on the 4th of March 1901, my birthday. It started like a normal day; I went to school with my friend Marie and like always we had normal, boring lessons and learnt things we would never use in real life, yep, 100% normal! But then everything changed...
As I opened my front door, I spotted my mother slumped on the sofa in a red dress, I thought she was asleep at first..."Mother wake up, I'm home...mother?" there was no answer and then I recognised the dress she was wearing, but my memory told me it was white, whiter than snow but that wasn't the case. It had been dyed scarlet, the colour of blood. My younger brother, George laid on the floor like a broken doll, unwanted and forgotten. My father too was dead, my whole family had been slaughtered...
The birds that used to sing in the morning no longer shared their sweet tune with me, as if they knew that it would only sadden me more. I spent the night in an orphanage with an old woman called Miranda Saltman, she explained to me slowly who she was and questioned me on what had happened before my family's 'Incident'. All i could think of was my family's blood on my hands, no matter how much i washed my hands it would still be there, as if it was not on my hands, but on my eyes, glued to them forever, hauting me, no matter how many lights i turned on and how much i pushed the living nightmare away.
"Evelyn..." A voice whispered from the darkness of my assigned bedroom one night, "Do you want to find your family's killer?" the question astounded me, so soon after the murder and the other kids were already pulling tricks on me. "I can help you, my name is Zeria, I am 13 years old, just like you," I knew she was lying, i sensed it in her voice, although i wasn't sure what part she was lying about, was it her name? Or her age? Or the offer of helping me find my parent's killer? Either way i didn't care, i was willing to do whatever i needed to avenge my family, "And what would I need to do for you in return? In other words...Whats The Catch?" It was a simple question yet her answer was more of a riddle,

"Walking down the road of death,

Faces Flash past you,

Mother, Father, Brother,

All wishing you luck on your journey.

Do you wish to cross the barrier seperating You from Them?

Taketh my hand and I will lead you,

To the scarlet future that awaits you."

I had no idea what she meant, i hadn't even seen her face so why would i trust her? Had the promise of revenge clouded my mind? "Come out and explain it to me, not in riddle but in a simple form." I bit my lip, i wanted to see her face though i was unsure why it even mattered, it's not like i would recognise her or anything. My eyes widened suddenly as a beautiful girl stepped out of the gloom, her long black hair and crimson eyes made me want to curl up into a ball and cry with envy for her good looks, she seemed like a girl who had seen a lot of suffering and pain and yet was not unnerved by it, another reason why i was jealous.
She seemed older somehow, whether I wanted to know why I thought that or not, I didn't really care. It had been 3 Days since my parent's murder and someone has already been cruel enough to break into my room and offer up a false hope. It was like the forbidden fruit, the more I wanted it, the more I knew I couldn't have it. A world free of bad people. " Are you tired?" This question confused me, "Of course not, I only saw my family dead a couple of days ago! I don't care much for sleep right now!" She rolled her eyes at me as if i were a naive child, which I was. " I suggest you rest for now, I will speak with you again tomorrow night," With a flicker of her cloak, the moonlight spiralled out of the room and all was dark and still...


© Copyright 2016 Writer Anonymous (heathermander at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2093593-Scarlet-Chapter-1-A-Bloody-Mess