*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2095987-Bottles
Rated: ASR · Essay · Adult · #2095987
Humans are like bottles. We can only hold so much.
         Bottles are an item that is always taken for granted. They hold the liquid that we constantly need to survive. You may see other types of containers like mugs or cups. However, these don’t securely hold the liquid inside them. Only a bottle can keep its liquid from pouring out at any angle when its lid is applied. Without its lid however there is no difference from mugs or cups.
         People are like bottles. Though countless things happen around us we keep our emotions inside. As more and more happens and we hide our emotions we steadily fill ourselves up. With the lid on ourselves many people see us as average. Corse, when we lose our lids we are perceived as abnormal, different.
         No one likes to be different, because we have been taught to be the same. We have a different container for our emotional liquids, but we still hold them all the same. However, there are different bottle sizes and as such different people may hold different amounts of emotions. Like bottles we have our limits. Eventually when we put enough of our emotions into our bottles, we can no longer apply the cap. The bottle may flex, bulge, distort to contain the emotions even it has a breaking point.
         Picture that you’re in public with a soda bottle. You rest it on the table and have the lid off to take frequent drinks. Suddenly the table moves, whether it be that someone bumped it or you kicked it by accident. Either way your soda spills. Now everyone is looking at you, the fool who spilled their soda. Now you must clean up the mess even if it was someone else’s fault. All the while people stare and comment on how you weren’t careful enough.
         Now take that picture and apply it to a person. Someone sitting down at a restaurant eating. When you see that one person that just pisses you off just because it’s fun for them. Noticing you then stroll over to again make you look dumb. They start and before the can finish your stand and give them a piece of your mind. Effectively tearing them a new asshole. At the end you are escorted out of the restaurant for ruining others time.
         It’s been ingrained in our minds that letting any negative emotion show in public is wrong. So what do you do with these negative emotions? You suppress them. You keep them in your bottle. You keep filling it up with negative emotions even though even it has its limits. The bottle can only hold so much so what do you do with the excess? Do you empty it somewhere? Do you let it overflow? Or do you simply make another bottle for them? You deal with it.
          People who fill their bottles let the excess seep out. Then they let it flow into someone else’s bottle. Whether it be by being an asshole or by being a bully. We can only hold so much in and so can bottles. What do we do when the only thing allowed in public is a smile and everything else is chastised? We hide it, somewhere in ourselves. Everything has a breaking point. The only question left is how much can your bottle hold? How big is it? How much can it stretch or distort before it bursts? No one knows until it fills to the brim. Then we are tossed aside as defects for not smiling.
© Copyright 2016 Smartguy (maximize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2095987-Bottles