*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2096826-The-button-was-missing
by MsWild
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #2096826
Blood was everywhere, how could anyone have this much blood?


A button was missing from...


Aside from blood everywhere on my clothes, my shoes squeaked on the soles from the puddle I stood in. Swinging around, droplets were falling everywhere around me, my silent thoughts echoed, "how can one person have so much blood?" Moving too quickly my sweater clipped the door handle, twisted sideways and when I looked down that's when I saw it missing. In my haste to escape, I saw it; a button was missing from my sweater. Damn! Damn! I stomped my foot, blood flew around me. I would have to go back; I needed to retrieve that button. I could not let it be found, it would connect me to him. Turning again, closing the door stepping inside this room of red. I didn't want to be there, where is that button? Searching everywhere I was still blood soaked, trying to side step blood puddles. I was totally exasperated, and then a thought ran through my head. Ted had grabbed me when I first entered the room. Looking at his now lifeless body; his fingers were curled on one hand, I swung the axe, chopping off his fingers. The button glittered into the puddle with a splat.


Grasping the damn button and throwing the axe into the nearest puddle. I headed out the door. I truly wondered if anyone who knew him would even care that I murdered my husband.



Jeanne Paquin

© Copyright 2016 MsWild (mswild at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2096826-The-button-was-missing