*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097972-Was-It-A-Nightmare
by Greta
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing.Com · #2097972
A Short Story
was a beautiful morning, Keya woke up, seeing that it was still dark out, she tried to sleep a little more till her alarm rang, she opened her eyes and switched of the alarm. She saw outside her window, the sky was beautiful pinkish blue color with rays of sun trying to get through the clouds. After clinging in her cozy bed for almost 15 minutes, Keya finally got out of her bed and went to the bathroom, she washed her face and went down for breakfast. She noticed pin drop silence in her house, Her dog wasn’t barking and her mother wasn’t seen anywhere, her dad she knew was out on a business trip. She called for her mother, “Mummy, Where are you..?? mom…. fizz.. where are you baby..?”, no one responded. She went through all the rooms but could not find both of them.. Not bothering much and thinking they had gone for a walk she went upstairs to get ready for her college. As she was ready she locked the door and kept the key in the post box, and tried to call her mother before leaving, no response again. So she left without waiting for a call back as she was getting late.
The whole 1 hour journey on her way to college was surprisingly silent. No bikers brooming, no trucks honking, no buses or rickshaws stopping every second for passengers. “This is something new”, She thought. Keya reached her collage early that day, as she was parking her scooter her phone rang, it was her mother. As soon as she picked up the phone her mother started apologizing, “I am so sorry honey, I took fizz for a walk and then went to Mrs. Singh’s house for tea… I’m so sorry, please do eat something from the canteen before attaining the lectures…”, “Mom, relax, its ok, I’ll have something.” She replied. As she was early she went to the canteen to take a coffee and a sandwich, and than moved towards her classroom. Two lectures were over and she was sitting by the stairs when her phone rang, it was her mother again, as she picked up the phone she could sense her mother’s tensed tone, “What’s the matter mom..?, Why are you crying…?”, She asked, “Come home honey, Fizz is having trouble in breathing”, her mother replied. Hearing this she rushed rapidly towards her scooter and tried to drive as fast as she could, As she was on her way, she heard a truck honking behind her, when she looked in the mirror, it was a huge truck that was in its highest speed rushing towards her, honking honking honking… She tried to move her scooter aside, but before she could slow down the truck ran onto her scooter and she came under the heavy loaded truck, all she could see was she lying in a pool of blood, unconscious, trying to keep her eyes open. People there tried to help her and called the ambulance but before any medi care could arrive she could not resist the pain and closed her eyes.

She Died.


Just at that moment she heard her mother calling, “Wake up Keya, its 6:30.” She opened her eyes, hugged her mother and said, “Mom I am alive.. it was just a dream..”
© Copyright 2016 Greta (greta10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097972-Was-It-A-Nightmare