*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2101114-When-Time-Stands-Still-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Mystery · #2101114
This isn't really a second chapter, just a second blurb of writing.
         Besides, I’ve seen first hand what you can do. Don’t sell yourself so short.”
         A man of justice rarely speaks falsehoods, the saying held up this time around. Leon desperately needed the cash, and as alluded to by Morrison he knew how to handle daunting odds. At least he had managed in the past. At times The Chief resembled an over zealous father who believed that by sheer force of encouragement and trust he could bring out the best in him.
         “Thanks Chief.” He began. “Is there anything else, or shall I be on my merry way?” Leon had grown restless. A fresh case was always enough to put some spring in the step.
         “There is one last thing.” Just as the younger had begun to stand from his seat, the older hunched to the side and rattled around a drawer. When he straightened there was a pistol in his hand. A revolver, a very familiar snub nose revolver at that. “This is yours.” He span the magazine and flipped it in the air, catching the weapon by it’s undersized barrel. He proceeded to held out the butt of the gun to his younger accomplice.
         Leon was standing, he raised his patented inquisitive eyebrow. “Really?”
         Morrison gave way to a brief and honest laugh. “I cleaned it and loaded it for you already, you’re back in the register. It’s legally and legitimately yours.”
         The whole situation felt like a knighting ceremony. A lord blessing his lordling with a gift. Reaching forward he grabbed the handle. The wooden grip felt like slipping your fingers into the hand of a lover. Familiar and comforting , but at the same time like taking on the burden and responsibility of every shot that had ever been fired from it’s chambers. Morrison released his end and leaned back and spoke.
         “Keep Naomi out of trouble.” The faintest glimmer of grief broke through his mason exterior. Naomi was his daughter.
         “I won’t let you down old man.”
© Copyright 2016 Gabriel Smith (lordmediocre at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2101114-When-Time-Stands-Still-2