*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102644-Orion-Crude
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Vilo
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2102644
Story in process of writing, not expected to be taken seriously
Planet Orion

Part 1/3: Enter Jimbo and the Galaxy

Act 1/5: New Roots

Chapter 1: Jimbo


He awoke from a slumber that felt like the closest connection to the experience of death. His eyes pained from the exposure to the light in which hasn't set upon his eyes for a millennia. He felt a breathing apparatus around his mouth with slender breathing tubes that slide down his throat and into his lung, giving oxygen where it is most needed. His lungs were sore from the inaction of being used and pained with each exhale and inhale. His heart fared no better since being cryogenically frozen harmed the flesh within his heart. He did not know he was frozen, nor did he believe he was even dead. In his mind it happened in an instant, the blast in space stopped his heart and their quick action to cool then freeze him with experimental fluid helped preserve his body. His body was sore to the point that he could not move his muscles let alone move his head. His eyes darted above his high cheekbones and red skin and observed that he is in a containment field.
The containment field was like a mist that covered his radius of ten feet around his medical bed. A warm blanket was put around him with insulating cords that warmed him, he still felt oddly cold. He noticed movement that existed outside the mist that surrounded his bed, outside with beings in white, they moved around and stood in front of each other or walked past each other. He could see hovering lights the either flashed or stood alit for a duration at their midsections.
He could hear indiscernible noises and awkward dialects that hear never hear before, only muffled by the misty pod that surrounded him. Anxiety began to fall on him as he pulled questions as to be afraid as to what he enveloped in or relax and let things play out. Then however as his anxiety and fear set in slightly he felt a sharpness in his heart and his face scrunched. He didn't know what he was going or what the cause of this pain was. The more he fidgeted in reaction to the pain causing his adrenaline to shoot up as desperation flooded him as the pain grew more. He heard muffled beeping noise and the being began to act frantically as the voices outside had become more sharp and directive. He felt feet moving towards him in a rushed fashion and the pod pulled back exactly for the figure to approach him. It was clothed in a white medical gown that cover all over its face. It did not look human and was taller than he was. Its face was box like but had a feminine look to it and reached out with its four fingers with a syringe and he looked as it reached towards his left arm. He felt a prick and felt the needle last its stay in his arm and exit. He felt pressure from there as his eyes began to close and sleep once again fell upon him.
Outside the medical field nurses and doctors scurried frantically around helping with other patients that hurt themselves in the mines. All dressed in white and clothed head to toe to tail without their faces being shown. The lead doctor, dressed in silver lining that held a pattern resembling that of a motherboard looked at his holograph that showed Jimbo's vitals. "I'm surprised he woke up earlier than expected, five months to properly thaw without much tissue damage and another month for the patient's body to readjust to everyday living."



"Doctor Bennet, what are the readouts for his brainwaves? Are they strong enough for the mind reader?" The nurse to the left spoke. Doctor Bennet pulled up the readout for his brainwaves and looked at the lines that went up and down is a singular fashion.
"Once his B.W. become more stable then we can" he pointed to two cross hairs on the screen, see these two? How their one opposite ends of the x axis? Once the B.W. are exactly touching those cross hairs then we can" Right then and there Jimbo's brainwaves fluctuated too high and too low, different colors resembling different aspects of the brain presented itself on the screen. He pointed again "This is normal right after an individual comes out of cryogenesis, right now his brain is putting itself back in order after so long of inactivity"
"Doctor Bennet" the nurse to the right spoke up "Wasn't it nearly over two-hundred years ago since the last cryo tube was used?
"Yes" he replied" "The last one was used on a frigate, the last of her kind. Cryotubes were used to keep workers asleep as they traveled through space. However after the finding a way to 'Space Jump' there was no need for them" he looked up at jimbo. "Where did this individual come from? Who and What is he? There was a noise from the holograph on his glass plate that alerted Bennet to Jimbo's brainwaves. They showed perfect symmetry in the crosshairs at the peak of each crosshair. "Get the mind reader ready and our patient as well, where about to learn who he is and where did he come from". His assistants and nurses got ahold of the gurney Jimbo was on and moved him to the next room where lay a machine with a cerebral crown was waiting for him.

"Jimbo.....Jimbo...... wake up sweetie"
He opened his eyes to a grassy field with the fall wind blowing chasing away the mugginess of the Florida summer. He awoke from sleeping on a quilt with ice coolers next to him. He pushed up from the ground and sat up and rubbed his eyes. The rest he had was the feeling anyone would get from a nap that could only be experienced during the day and the fall. A woman sat next to him against and oak tree the spread shade over the present party. The sun is still intense even during the fall, even so when the clothes on the back becomes sticky. She wore black brimmed glasses and had brown complexion with curly hair. He remembered who she was, Jay Songbird Joplin. Jimbo looked around with his long horse hair blew in the wind.
"I remember this" he spoke to himself " This is the last date I will have with her" He opened his mouth and began to express how much he missed her, how much he regretted the way he acted in front of her and treated her. Jimbo wanted to tell her the death of her mother and the loss of her left arm and eye, not to go on that road with another man. Jimbo wanted to warn her what was to happen in the future, the war that is coming, the special colonies that will dot the solar system. All that came out of his mouth was garbled nonsense, like he came out of a drunken stupor. She just smiled and looked at the beer cans next him, and rolled her eyes then rest her cheek on her right hand and looked away and shook her head and looked away. Jimbo just sat there, looked like he was in a daze. At the time he would be floated in fantasy and insecurity, he knew he was doing wrong but could pull himself to fix himself. He started to blink and everything went black again, sorrow and pain shot through the darkness and he felt himself crying, tears began to roll down his eyes. Although he was in the dark and his body numb but he could feel the tears flow down his face.
Once the tears went away and the sorrow left he began to see the time he was married and he was joining the Federal government's experimental program for spacial research. He blinked and he saw him and his blonde wife arguing in a motel, with their 3 year old daughter crying out loud. A smack was heard and he felt his head push back. Rage befell him and it went blank again, to open to flashing of red and blue with him in the squad car of a police officer. He felt handcuffs behind his back and looked up and saw his wife across in another squad car flailing about. He remembered the argument, he found out she was selling drugs as he was joining for the experiment. He looked across with disdain, knowing she would get bailed out by her father, though not rich himself but spoiled her throughout her life.
He saw himself look down swirled with emotions as he knew what he did warranted the removal of his wife and daughter, from this point on he was on his own and six months from then divorce papers would be filed. He closed his eyes and tears began to flow again.
He woke up again to see himself surrounded by astronauts waiting for lift off in the astronaut garb. All strapped in and ready for takeoff, he remembered these low lives. All had commited atrocities equivalent to his actions. It was a mission to space that was highly dangerous and risky and nobody was willing to make the trip. The reward was remission of all past crimes and the slates were to be wiped clean. Briefly taught with difficulty how to operate the machinery, yet the rest was remote controlled for lift off.



The countdown began as the convicts joked around him or shuttered with fear of death. "3...2...1...Lift off we have lift off" Jim began to feel great pressure as the cabin shook violently as the earth beneath them to fade away behind them. Ears popping as they ascended higher and higher. As the shuttle went higher above the atmosphere, there was a shuttering behind them and a loud explosion Jim blacked out.
All this was showed on the screen of the mental projection imagery device. All voices were translated within fifteen minutes since the processing of the mental images and information. All of Jim's old life was fast-forwarded four times before an idea was made who and what Jim was. Many within the room were in awe that another being not yet encountered lay before their very eyes. Doctor Bennet had order a blood sample of what lay within Jim's blood and what diseases he may have carried. This revealed some bacteria know and not know revealed, half were harmful and the other not so.
There was great excitement within the medical bay and with that had caused a great distraction to even military personnel with some even leaving their posts while the higher ups were in the control room. The spherical ship had moved and began to join others to create a String of Pearls and then began to cluster. The higher ups began to yell at their intercom to have their privates return back their posts. As all the excitement was going on four streamline black warships withdrew out of camouflage and began their attack on the String of Pearls
Ch.1 End

© Copyright 2016 Vilo (bman24 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102644-Orion-Crude