*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102677-Pictures
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2102677
Flash Fiction
Pictures

Jared drove along the edge of the wood his new camera on the seat. He’d saved a year for it but delayed shipping had caused it to arrive later than expected, now his fingers were itching to use it. Unfortunately, he was due at work in twenty minutes.

Frustrated, he thought maybe he could just snap birds or something then upload them at lunch, just to see how they came out. Something was better than nothing. He stopped.

A cardinal flew by. Following quickly, as it landed on the window sill of an apartment he snapped a few shots then rushed back to his car. His boss was a grouch, being late could actually get him fired. Mr. Banks treated his employees like dirt, and he particularly didn’t seem to like Jared.

During lunch he uploaded his pictures. Just as they came up, Mr. Banks walked in. Jared froze, he wasn’t doing anything wrong, but Mr. Banks could make trouble just because he was grouchy.

“Why are you here, it’s lunch!” he bellowed at Jared. “Get out!” Jared grabbed his camera and fled, locking the camera in his car to avoid temptation.

When he got back from lunch, Mr. Banks was waiting.

“Jared, my boy! I think I’m going to move you up to accounting. I know you’ve wanted that job for a while!” He smiled and left…

Jared was stunned! Sitting at his desk he realized now he would finally be full time! He could afford to buy all the accessories for his camera, he could go on vacation! He could… what happened?

He clicked on his computer where three pictures of the cardinal were still up. Three pictures of a cardinal, sitting on a window sill, and just inside that window, married Mr. Banks kissing Judy, from shipping…
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102677-Pictures