*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2103099-The-Diaries-Of-Madmen
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Dark · #2103099
Journals of different people at the end of a Huge World War
Darren's War Journal

Weary, I made my way through all the rubble of what was once my bustling neighborhood, I couldn’t help but wonder about the other families that were now in ruin. No one could have imagined that it would come to this. They’re all gone. God Damn; we were so caught up in all the media hype, we all were played for fools. How could I have done those terrible things? I couldn’t shake the images of all the terror and pain that I brought upon so many people; there loved ones. I guess it was the only way but how do you know when you've gone too far? How could I know I'd be the one killing and torturing anyone? After I saw what they did to my Father, my Mother, I just..I lost it. I don't think it was as much the anger of seeing my family executed as it was the fear of what these people, these savages, were actually capable of. Fear drives men to do horrendous things. Now whether we win the war or not we still lose. I'll never come back from what I have done, what I've seen. My humanity is all but gone, and soon yours will be too.
-Darren




Fuck it, they stopped being people to me the day they declared war on mankind, and everything that I held dear. They paid for their sins for now, but this isn’t the end. No, I WILL HOLD THEM ALL ACCOUNTABLE! Their children will pay with their blood ! They’ll pay with their suffering! Then on my death bed, the day that I die, I swear to free the remainder of them how few their numbers may be. They will always know, they will always be reminded that I, a man of God, destroyed their evil society. Their culture is erased and so the evils that came with it. Then and only then will my purpose here be fulfilled. So I say beware to you all who have escaped my wrath. We're coming, and mercy has no meaning to me.
-D

© Copyright 2016 Paul8219 (paul8219 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2103099-The-Diaries-Of-Madmen