*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104184-Lucky
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2104184
Three Minute Read
Lucky?

“Don’t make any noise!”

“I’m not! That wasn’t me, it must have been you!” Trey shot back in a tense whisper.

“It wasn’t me…” Jon said quietly, suddenly stopping in his tracks, causing Trey to run right into him. “There’s something over there…”

The boys stood stock still, listening intently in the dark driveway. After a minute they both heard a light rustling sound near the garage. Trey put his hand on Jon’s arm and whispered, “It must be a raccoon or something, follow me, we can go the other way. With any luck, the back door is still unlocked.”

They quietly snuck around the side of the house, now aiming for the back door. Once they rounded the side of the house, Jon erupted.

“If Dad catches up we’ll be grounded for a month! Why did I let you talk me into this?” he whispered loudly.

“Me? You’re the one that brought it up, I didn’t even know Sara was having a party. Why did you bring it up if you weren’t expecting us to go?” Trey shot back whispering even louder.

“I was just saying, you’re the one who came up with the big plan, you’re the one who convinced me this was a great idea, you’re the one…

“Shut up!!” Trey exploded through clenched teeth. “You wanted to go as much as I did, don’t try to put this all on me. I told you we needed to leave an hour ago but you were all dreamy eyed over Susan…”

Suddenly the back light came on and the door flew open. Trey and Jon froze in their tracks.

Crossing his arms, their father looked at his sons from the open door and said, “You've gotta ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya boys?”
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104184-Lucky