*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104266-Species-change-surgery
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Benjy
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2104266
Sam Finds the perfect new dog
Species change surgery

Sometime in the not too distant future.....

Thanks to a medical advance pioneered to make sex change surgeries more effective and realistic, a way was discovered that would allow people to be molded into almost any animal form. The results were almost indistinguishable from the naturally born animals.

Much to everyone's surprise, once the procedure was made available to the public, there was a huge demand for it, and the waiting list for the surgery could be years long.

Hunter had always known he was different from the other boys, and had mostly kept to himself. He felt always felt as if he were born in the wrong body, but didn’t know what to do about it. He was afraid to tell his parents for fear they wouldn’t believe him, or force him into therapy. During his freshman year of high school he met Sam, and the two hit it off and became best friends very quickly. The more time they spent together, the more they realized there was a spark between them that went far beyond friendship.

After high school, both Sam and Hunter were accepted to the same college and decided to rent an apartment together. The first semester of college past slowly, and both boys managed to do very well in there classes.

During winter brake, Hunter had been searching the Internet, and found a site on pet play, and it immediately struck him that he should have been born a dog. Whenever he got the chance, and was alone in the apartment, he would strip down, and wonder around on all fours and pretend he was a dog. He was happy and enjoying himself until one day he heard the door opening while he was exploring.

Naked except for his collar, Hunter began to panic, as he knew he would never be able to get back to his bedroom without being seen. He sat frozen in fear as the door swung open, and Sam walked in. Sam glanced over at Hunter, and said "Hi boy!" And walked into his room as if he saw Hunter this way all the time.

Hunter ran to his room red faced and rushed to get his clothes back on. He stayed In his room for an hour not quite sure what to do next. He couldn't quite understand Sam's reaction. He eventually got up the nerve to go and talk to him.

Hunter knocked on the door to Sam's room, and let himself in. Hunter started and stopped several times but couldn't find the words to say anything. Sam looked him up and down and smiled. "Don't worry, I've known what you were doing for quite some time, and was wondering when you were going to tell me". Hunter looked at him in awe, and asked how he knew. "I've always been good at judging people, and I could see the animal in you when we first met. You always had very dog like traits while we were together, and I tried to encourage you to show them." Hunter couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had never dreamed Sam would accept him, and here he was encouraging him.

Sam got up from his chair and started helping Hunter remove his clothing. Nervous at first Hunter tried to resist, but eventually gave in, and was soon standing I his friends room naked. Almost by instinct Hunter dropped to all fours. Sam looked on approvingly and started petting Hunter while praising him. Hunter loved the attention and started to fall deeply into the dogs mindset.

For the rest of the semester brake, Hunter was naked on fours with Sam taking care of him like a pet. Hunter couldn't believe how comfortable he felt, and soon started letting himself slip into a canine mindset. By the time school started again, Sam was having trouble getting Hunter to walk upright and keep his clothes on. Hunter spent each break as Sam's dog, and it b came harder and harder for him to return to his human self at the start of each semester. Even bough his grades slipped some, Hunter still managed to graduate with a decent gpa.

Sam's family was well connected, and he had a good job right out of college. He encouraged Hunter not to worry about work, and relax as his pet for a while. Sam knew that once he got into the role, he would never want to be human again. Sam knew hat he wanted Hunter to be his pet, but he also knew the problems that having a human dog could cause. He had seen the advertisements for the new specks change surgery and quickly signed Hunter up for the procedure.

Normally the wait would have been several years, but one of Sam's school friends had become a primary doctor for the firm that did the procedures, and was able to get Hunter moved up the list. And deal with the paperwork to expedite the transformation. Sam for one was glad, because he wasn’t sure he could get Hunter to come back enough to sign the papers easily.

The night before the procedure, Sam snuck Hunter out of the apartment building late at night to avoid running into anyone while walking his naked friend on a leash. Hunter enjoyed the idea of finally getting to go out, instead of spending all his time in the apartment, or doing his business on the balcony. As Sam loaded Hunter into the car, he thought how great it would finally be to have a dog that he could take out in public and play with at the dog park like any other normal pet.

The ride to the hospital was uneventful, and Sam was able to park close enough to the door that he could easily get Hunter inside without drawing too much attention. The procedure was legal, but there were still many people and groups who didn’t approve of it, and often protested outside the hospital. Sam had set the drop off for late at night in the hopes that they would have gone home for the night. Luckily it had been kind of a dreary day, so there wasn’t anyone around. He quickly led Hunter into the complex, and towards the waiting receptionist.





Sam was happy to hear that everything had been arranged by his friend, and all he had to do was fill out a couple of short forms before Hunter was taken into the back. Sam’s friend came out and gave him a run down on the procedure, and assured him that he would make sure Hunter would be given the best of care. Sam was told that the surgery would take most of tomorrow, and Hunter could go home late the next day after the drugs wore off. He would be fully vaccinated and licensed as and animal, and even be micro chipped. Happy with what he heard, Sam headed back to his car so he could get ready to welcome the new Hunter. After getting a good nights sleep, Sam spent the next day moving hunters stuff from his room, and shopping for all of the things hunter would need, including new bowls, food, and a nice dog bed.

Hunter turned and gave same a questioning look as he was led away, but was excited to see all the new sights and smells of the prep room. He poked and prodded and weighed and had his vitals taken, and was given a sedative to help him relax and sleep before the procedure.

In the morning Hunter was taken out to a secluded garden on the grounds and allowed to do his business. After he finished, he was brought inside and was led into a room with a large robotic machine. Hunter was strapped to a table, and sedated. His last memories before falling asleep was the whirring of the machine as it started up. Under the doctors careful supervision, Hunters bed slid into the machine, where he was injected with the latest nano technology, and lasers that allowed them to reshape hunters body as if were made from putty. Each doctor was responsible for a different aspect of the procedure, and had undergone years of training and had done this surgery man times. After what seemed like weeks, but was only a few hours, where a human had been was what appeared to be a hairless Labrador. In the final stages of the process a special laser was used that would give Hunter his coat. As the coat was growing in, the doctors went over every inch of Hunters body and made sure that every inch was perfect. When this was over, Hunter would be the dog he had always dreamed of being.

Once the procedure was finished, Hunter was transferred to the recovery room, and carefully monitored to make sure there weren’t any complications. Hunter slept well, while the machines in the recovery room kept him pain free, and got him ready to go home the next day.

When hunter came to the next day, he was surprised to see a muzzle in his field of view, and paws on his legs. At first he wasn’t sure what had happened, but quickly realized he was now fully a dog, and began to wag his tail. When the nurse monitoring him saw that, she let him out of his cage and helped him to his feet. After a couple of tries Hunter quickly got used to walking on his new legs. He gave a few woofs, and happily licked the nurse. After a few hours of work, Hunter was moving around like a natural dog. After lunch, a doctor came in and took care of his shots and chipping, and did all of the paperwork needed to get him Licensed.


When Sam came that night to pick up Hunter, he was amazed by the results of the procedure. If he didn’t know that Hunter had been human, he never would have known. Hunter couldn’t contain his happiness when he saw Sam, and jumped all over him, licking him in the face. The Doctors cam out and gave Sam the normal post surgery talk, and told him that he would need a few days to adjust to his new body, but with his human intelligence, he would adapt quickly, and be easy to train. Sam thanked him, and walked hunter to car. The ride home, Sam checked on Hunter as much as he could, and was pleased to see him resting just like a normal dog. When they got home, Sam took hunter for their first walk as man and dog so Hunter could relieve himself, and he could tell that Hunter was loving every second of it. When they got back to the apartment, Sam led Hunter into his room, and showed him his new bed and toys. They played late into the night, and were exhausted when they finally retired to their beds.

Thanks to Hunters human intelligence, he quickly learned all the traditional dog tricks and behaviors, and soon became the best pet Sam had ever had. While he felt a little bad for a while about how he had transformed Hunter against his will, seeing how well he took to being a dog convinced him that he had made the right decision. Once Sam was secure enough in his job, he bought a new house with a large yard so that Hunter could get out and exercise as much as he wanted. They both always looked forward to their evening walks, and the weekends when they could play together. Both were the happiest they had ever been, and loved their new lives.
© Copyright 2016 Benjy (ben243 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104266-Species-change-surgery