*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104860-Dragonspire-Games
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2104860
A fun game between our favorite elf and Felinx
“The Dragonspire of Aeterna is now mine,” Cynthia said with a triumphant smile. She leaned back in her chair and waited for her opponent’s reaction. Bec was hunched over the board, hand at her chin, supposedly studying the pieces.

“How?” she asked, slowly dragging out the word along with Cynthia’s patience.

“Bec, we’ve played this game a million times; I thought you’d get the rules by now.” She sat forward and motioned to the game board. “The white knights are mine under the elven forces. Yours are the black knights under the humans.” She pointed to the piece in the center that had two dragon horns for towers. “This is the target, the Dragonspire, home to the king of Aeterna.”

“But all of my combat forces are right there,” Bec said, pointing to the lone black token on the outskirts along the opposite side Cynthia used to take the city.

Cynthia couldn’t gauge if she was kidding or not. “Bec…all of your other forces are scattered around the continent of Valdrian looking for the long lost treasure, which I remind you is the side objective. One little guy isn’t going to stop my whole army, especially if he’s on the other side of the city.”

“But they just found the treasure last turn which matters for something right? Now I can just buy the throne off you.”

Cynthia closed her eyes and scrunched her eyebrows together before kneading her forehead with her hand. “I don’t think it works like that, Bec.”

“Of course it does. Money buys everything.” She placed her one token precariously between the peaks of the Dragonspire and smiled. “So now the Dragonspire of Aeterna is mine.”

Cynthia knew better than to argue. “Let’s…Let’s just play a different game.”
© Copyright 2016 FuryStrife (furystrife at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104860-Dragonspire-Games